Winners... Losers... and are you willing to share?

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Started to watch that new show on channel 7 called "Winners and Losers" for the last couple weeks and it seems to raise a few questions.
For those that have not seen the show I`ll try to give a brief rundown.

It`s about 4 friends that after having a night on the town walk into a lotto kiosk and all but 1 agree to share a lottery ticket. They use thier date of birth for the numbers including the friend that didn`t agree.
As luck would have it thier numbers came up and they managed to win $8million dollars.
At first they were only going to split it 3 ways since 1 friend didn`t want to buy a share in the purchase of the ticket but then the same person called it wasn`t fair since they used her date of birth too.

Would you share it 4 ways???
Who would you tell about your win???
Would you keep your current job whatever that is???
Would you tell your partner or just make sure that you always paid the bills on time???

N

Naughty Thoughts

Haven't seen it but sounds like an interesting premise.

I'm odd - if I was the one, then I'd insist on it being split 3 ways since I didn't pony up initially and didn't want to be a part of it. If I was one of the three then I'd insist on splitting it 4 ways since I wouldn't want the fourth to miss out.

I wouldn't tell anyone, though with three other people involved it'd be inevitable that it'd get out. Problem is, if someone picks up $2M (assuming 4 way split) then you wouldn't be able to trust anyone. Not a situation I'd want to be in.

I'd keep my current job, even though I don't like it. Most people if they pick up some winnings will blow it all and be broke by the end of the year. Having to drag myself off to a job for eight hours a day would help remind me how lucky I would be.

Despite my answer to #2, I'd definitely tell my partner. Too big to hide and what's the point in having it if you can't share it with the person who is supposed to be your other half?

W

WRXXR

I didn't get a chance to watch this as cricket ran late but i assume they gave her the money?

If it was a true friend (as it is in the show) then it would be split no questions asked. Is a couple of million bucks (not really that much) worth loosing a good friend over. No way.

If it was a random co worker or something then tough luck.

I'd tell my close friends, partner and family but nothing would change.

I probably couldn't afford to quit working with 2 million. That'd pay the mortgage with left over for a nice car (new mclaren!) and a boat.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Same here .......would split but my share wouldn't change anything. I think I would keep it to myself/and partner but that's about it.
No point in doing the big 'look at meeeeee' guess I am not the person for it anyway.
Nothing has changed for the outside.......:angel12:

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

G

gr8stuff

as mentioned if was a good friend I would share,
would try to keep it as quite as ever.
Retire with a good 4wd and an off road camper,
load up the camera gear and capture this beautiful country at my pace and time :)

E

Emilee

Yes id share it 4 ways. At first I would only tell one person my partner. I would suprise my mum and close family with a cash bonus! I'd keep my job but would have to have a few weeks running a muck first!