Will the real Jemma please stand up.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Took a walk in Fremantle this afternoon and for some reason looked towards the sky.
Saw one of those planes that had a banner behind it reading I LOVE YOU JEMMA WILL YOU MARRY ME?
The soft side of me could n`t help thinking how romantic but what if she didn`t see it? Now what a waste that would be...

Have you ever done something romantic only for it to not work or maybe it did work and you would like to share what you did with the rest of us.

T

Tania Admin

Took a walk in Fremantle this afternoon and for some reason looked towards the sky.
Saw one of those planes that had a banner behind it reading I LOVE YOU JEMMA WILL YOU MARRY ME?
The soft side of me could n`t help thinking how romantic but what if she didn`t see it? Now what a waste that would be...

Have you ever done something romantic only for it to not work or maybe it did work and you would like to share what you did with the rest of us.

When my now husband NT popped the question, we were walking along the South Perth foreshore. Right at the crucial moment a Jet Ski noisily zoomed past, much to NT's annoyance.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
OMG.......that is so romantic but honestly I would be soooooooo super embarrassed. A shame but very true....the universe decided that I don't have an inch of romance in me. So honestly the whole air display would have been totally wasted on me. SIGH......guess that's why nobody ever thought of something like it. LOL even a bunch of flowers would challenge my romantic side. ;)

R.xxxxxx

Dallas

Legend Member
After reading this I immediately envisaged all the Jemma's in Fremantle running to say Yes! to their partners :)

I love romantic evenings yet none that id planned were appreciated that much in various relationships I've been in. Interestingly, the most romantic evening that was most appreciated was a Cevue appartment overlooking Scarborough beach, romantic music, dinner especially made from the restaurant downstairs and delivered, sharing an intimate moment out on the balcony with the sea breeze under the moonlight - was really appreciated by the w/l who I'd booked for the occasion :)

svengali

Foundation Member
I think the whole "romantic" thing is vastly overrated and, probably originates in Hollywood.

The big drawback is that an over the top proposal really puts the girl on the spot. Imagine having your proposal flashed onto the big screen in front of a full house at the footy, for example. What if the girl really likes you but isn't quite ready to commit? She would feel pressured by such an extravagant gesture and if she doesn't say "yes" then and there that may well be the end of the relationship whereas a more private proposal would enable her to postpone a decision and let him keep his dignity.

The same goes for the big romantic setup Dallas describes. Women aren't stupid. The girl would pretty quickly sus what was coming and the tension would probably spoil the whole scene.

Far better to save the big occasion for a celebration after the deal is sealed.

Dallas

Legend Member
Yes would agree with the whole public thing svengali, although it's fun when it's private.

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;-----Looking for Romance;----here a receipt that never fails.
1. Hire a yacht
2. Have food and wine ready to go
3. Go sailing
4. With the wind in your hair, break out the Rum
5. Have as much Fun as you like
6. Return to harbor

C

colzilla

Jemma's boyfriend is a weak as piss tosser. A graduate from the school for wimps.

Dallas

Legend Member
That's good advice HP, a few years back when the Tall Ships were in Australia I was lucky enough to sail down the east coast working on The Tradewind, with The Bounty sailing along side. I'm pretty sure you were the captain - look similar :) oh and there was plenty of rum and song to be had

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy Dallas, when you get the time bro, go sailing with a crew of Women, I am sure you will have a really fun and interesting time. Just take the time off, Hire a boat, invite your favourite women and enjoy the sail.
Cheers Bro, have a rum on me.

C

Contrarian

This is true. I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the guide was telling us of a large group of people comprising two families who climbed up the bridge. At the top, the guy did the whole kneeling thing and suddenly the two groups split and two guides were needed to walk the two groups down. She'd said no.

Feel sorry but at the same time, surely when you get to that stage, you'd have thought the guy would have known the answer!!

C

Contrarian

Would have been sad but funny if there was a second plane towing the following message; "No!".

T

Tania Admin

That's good advice HP, a few years back when the Tall Ships were in Australia I was lucky enough to sail down the east coast working on The Tradewind, with The Bounty sailing along side. I'm pretty sure you were the captain - look similar :) oh and there was plenty of rum and song to be had

When I was a teenager I did a Sail Training trip on The Leeuwin. It was awesome. If I had the $ I would send my kids on a trip, it was very character building and I met some awesome people.

Dallas

Legend Member
When I was a teenager I did a Sail Training trip on The Leeuwin. It was awesome. If I had the $ I would send my kids on a trip, it was very character building and I met some awesome people.

Yes would totally recommend it Tania for anyone - especially kids. I had a great time, learned a bit about sailing, love climbing the masts and hanging off the rigging - lol! That's the Bounty and the Thomas Tucker off in the distance to the right, was the same ship used in Mel Gibson's movie of the same name.

Tradewind_zpsa54015ae.png

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy, "A sailor life for me", great Pic Dallas

Yes would totally recommend it Tania for anyone - especially kids. I had a great time, learned a bit about sailing, love climbing the masts and hanging off the rigging - lol! That's the Bounty and the Thomas Tucker off in the distance to the right, was the same ship used in Mel Gibson's movie of the same name.

Tradewind_zpsa54015ae.png

C

colzilla

All I see is a guy I presume to be Mr Dallas on a boat wearing a pair of budgie smugglers.

A sailors life isn't for me RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Dallas

Legend Member
That's true mr col being trapped on a boat out at sea with people you don't know isn't for everyone, probably an adventure best left to HP and his rum oooor! aaaar!