• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

WHO GREW UP in PERTH? Where R U From?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dark Love

Being from Melbourne myself and living in Perth now for nearly 2 years. Has made me wonder how many people on the forum actually grew up in Perth. Since Perth is the fastest growing city in Australia, it would be interesting to see where all these open minded sexy people come from.

N

NortiGal

A loaded question!

I was born in Perth, when I was 3 we moved to the UK for a short while and then moved to Saudi Arabia for a year.

Moved back in 1980/81 stayed for a few years then moved back to the UK again. Returned in 1987 and stayed here til 1997 when I moved back to the UK until 1999 when I returned here ;)

So I sorta grew up here.

W

westie

i was born in perth and we moved to kalgoorlie in 1989. cant wait to move back to perth but need money to do so

H

hotperfcouple

well i (male half of couple) grew up in Tasmania, probably the most close minded State in Australia. I moved here nearly 2 years ago now. Haven't looked back since! HA!

i love perth. and all your Perthlings rock!

S

{slavegirl}

Born in Adelaide..left when 8 days old
Moved to Darwin lived there till three weeks before cyclone tracy
Been in Perth ever since...

C

chrissie

{slavegirl} said:
Born in Adelaide..left when 8 days old
Moved to Darwin lived there till three weeks before cyclone tracy
Been in Perth ever since...

You must have left Darwin around the same time I did. We never went back, lost everything - but you may have seen me around, I was with the local bike gang back then - my partner was one of the founding members.

Born in England, came out here when I was 11, stayed in Perth till I was about 17 then went travelling all over bar Tassie. Spent most of my life north of the 26th and love it, but came down south about 5 years ago so my daughter would grow up knowing there was more to life than the beach, and great fishing, and beautiful deserts, and sunshine....I must have been mad lol.

Chrissie

S

{slavegirl}

i was only 5 when we left Darwin, don't recall a lot, have vague memories of being there, went back there in 1997 for 6 months absolutely loved it.

L

lickedysplit

I was 6 when cyclone tracey took my dads's domain...we lived upthere but came to perth but dad stayed on to rebuild the darwin...Still remember singing "santa never made it into darwin, the big wind came and blew the town away...."I still have the stuffed pussy cat i found in the ruins of someones house..i wanted to find the kid it belonged too...never found the kid..

born in armadale wa....5 generation Austraiian...travelled australia for 5 years with the ex. lived in port douglas, darwin, alice springs adelaide....had my first boy in parkdale hospital melbourne.....god it seems so long ago....

The natural Arch northern Queensland is the most beautiful place i have ever seen.....keep your eyes peeled for it...gold coast....

S

scotthn666

well since you asked...

im canadian.
born in saskatchewn, moved to alberta when i was 20, moved to perth when i was 28...thats the long and the short!

P

perthminx

Born and bred in Perth. Only time I have left the state was New Years 2003/2004 when I went to Sydney. The worst week of my life....

I love Perth and have no desire to go anywhere else

S

sweet_as

where havent i been..

concieved and born in Adelaide, lived in Millicent (very small town on SA/VIC border), moved to Portland (VIC)then onto Shepparton...onto Townsville and luckily onto here in the wonderful city of Perth...lovin it and hopefully stayin for a while..

V

Vyxxxn

Born Sydney NSW, lived ther 15yr, moved Nth to Q'land where I lived another 10yrs hitching back & forth up & down the East coast, then back to NSW where I joint the RAAF, went to Adelaide & got posted here to Perth in 1990....went back East & lived in Cairns (heaven) for a couple a yrs then back to Perth, never planned on staying here, but it's a big uplift to get back & I have masome close friends that it would kill me to leave now. :)

H

honeyblonde

sounds like you were a army brat sweet as

just guess on my part as there are bases near there.

I have lived in every state except tassie never been there. born in sydney many many many moons ago. think my teeth and walking stick are still there.

lived overseas working holiday

am a girl with itchy feet love to travel all the time.

went to five primary schools and eight highschools

mother married four times father married three and nearly onto number four when he went to heaven. have numerous cousins and half brothers and sisters and probably relatives i dont even know are rellies....shit maybe I should not ever go to a swingers ohhhh my i could be climbing the family tree without knowing it.....nah just kidding I did manage to find all my rellies but that did bother me for a while not knowing who or where my half brother was.

honeyblonde

MovesInSilence

Gender Dyslexic
Foundation Member
Born and raised in Perth :)
have spent a total of 3 days in melbourne and 3 months in Arizona USA
other than that just been up an down the state

waxenboy

Foundation Member
Perth

I was born in south perth (not near the zoo) moved to geraldton in 76 then mingnew,northampton,went to sydney for 4months then returned to geraldton then moved back to perth in 93 and happy to be back. :hello:Lived most of my life on farms what fun we all had :hello: (not with the sheep either)lol

Last edited:

sioxie

Foundation Member
An EasTern StaTer

Born and bred in sydney started working at JJJ radio in kings cross at 16 doing the live to air music broadcasts, morning radio with doug mulray, then went on to music production/ engineering/ recording of which im still involved. Wow those were wild days i tell ya.......some of the things ive seen! Its true wot they say abt sex drugs and rock and roll..........

Moved to perth in 1989 when JJJ went national to help them set things up here........was only supposed to b here a few months and well im still here!

K

Knight_templar

patriot

Born here
live here
gonna die here

and thats all he wrote..........

M

Mickyduck

Started as a mongrel - now true blue

Born in Kenya, educated in South Africa, lived in Germany, Adelaide, Melbourne and now Perth. Travel the world regularly and can say "there's no place as good as it is here"......Believe me this is the best location in the world.

M

Mary Anne PA

MovesInSilence said:
Born and raised in Perth :)
have spent a total of 3 days in melbourne and 3 months in Arizona USA
other than that just been up an down the state
which part of Arizona MIS? Phoenix here!!! - rellies in Tuscon

MovesInSilence

Gender Dyslexic
Foundation Member
Spent my time in Mesa :)
next to scottsdale ..
and a trip up to flagstaff and las vegas *cha ching*
lmao
oh an the grand canyon :)

L

licalotopus

Where from?

Born in Perth to country WA parents.
Spent time in Denmark, Headland and Gove(NT) when a kid.
High school in Perth and then work in Kal and Karratha then back to perth when daughter was born. Been here ever since.

Pete.

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
Born in Sydney. Met my hubbie ( who was in the Air Force - 1977-1983 486 sqd eng fitter C-130s THE BIG MOVERS ), married and moved to Perth in 1983. I've been to all the states except N.T. and I must say that I love Perth the best. I travel home to Sydney yearly to see my family, but I'm always glad to get back.

We've both travelled overseas and been to Bali twice together.

Slavegirlsuzie

Last edited:
A

artist30

Country WA

Hello DarkLove..
I was bron in country WA and moved to Perth with my family in the 90's. Like it here, offers lots of opportunities, but occasionally I miss the quiet life of the country. WA is a beautiful place and Perth is a beautiful city, prefer it to other cities across Oz

H

HedlandCouple

I ( female) was born in Brisbane but moved to perth when I was 3 ..He was born in perth but moved to Katherine NT when he was 3.. Since we have been together have lived in a few places all over W.A And always holiday back in Perth ... Living in Port Hedland at the moment til work closes in august... Not sure where we are going yet... Oh well

M & J :alien:

I

ItsMike

Mostly Perth

Well I was born in Port Hedland and spent a few years early in my life in a place called Sheffield in the UK. More recently I've been living in a small town called Bournemouth, also in the UK, but for most of my life I've been here in Perth.

I've lived most of my life in Armadale, which I now call the 'hood. It was nice when we moved there in the 1970's. In the 80's and 90's it was a great place to grow up. Lots of bush to explore, trees to climb etc etc

Its so hard to show people who weren't born here how much Perth has changed in the last 20 years. We had virtually no office towers, 100 year old trains and a single lane train bridge crossing the river. The freeway used to end at Leach Highway and when they extended it it had traffic lights! No national footy teams, soccer was poofter ball and Rugby, whats Rugby. Now we enjoy sports, food and cultural influence from everywhere. This WAS hick town WA, not any more. We're still not quite as enlightened as some parts of the world. You still can't get shopping on the weekend and no one here knows how to merge in traffic, but when you leave, by God you miss it.

In short growing up in Perth was fun, now I'm all grown up and its time to REALLY enjoy it. :headbang:

D

DnSPerth

D was born in Port Hedland, but raised everywhere around Perth til going back to Hedland for Highschool. Moved to Perth as Young adult and here ever since except for 18 mths in Victoria in between.
S was born in England, came to Perth at 3 Pt Hedland at 12 Perth at 21 and ever since, though D and S didnt know each other at all while we were both in Hedland. Met in Perth been here ever since.

:cya:

L

licker

Born in Perth and lived here till 17 when I moved to Mingenew and met my wife there.

We have lived in Mingenew, Dongara, Walkaway, Geraldton, Wagin, Wundowie, Mandurah, Pinjarra and now live back in Perth till the kids grow up and leave home then its back to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.