• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

White Ribbon Day 25 November 2015..... ' Dont Forget '

A

AndyRew

white-ribbon-logo2-1260x840.gif

25 November

On the afternoon of 6 December 1989, a man walked into the École Polytechnique University in Montreal and massacred 14 of his female classmates. His actions traumatised a nation and brought the issue of violence against women to the forefront of our collective consciousness.

Two years later, a handful of men in Toronto decided they had a responsibility to speak out about and work to stop men’s violence against women. As a result, the White Ribbon Campaign in Canada became an annual awareness-raising event, held between 25 November and 6 December.

In 1999, the United Nations General Assembly declared 25 November as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, with a white ribbon as its iconic symbol.

White Ribbon began in Australia in 2003 as part of UNIFEM (now UN Women).

• 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732): 24 hour, National Sexual Assault, Family & Domestic Violence Counselling Line for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
  • Lifeline has a national number who can help put you in contact with a crisis service in your State (24 hours)
    131 114

white-ribbon2.jpg

Happy2

Legend Member
It should be stop violence against all people But that's just splitting hairs
Something I running extremely low on on So I prefer not to

I will have to have a search But can you donate online as I rarely in town to buy such things

Nymph

Gold Member
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

To all the beautiful women who courageously battled adversity, loved others more than themselves, forgave the evils of their attackers and smile from a far more peaceful place than those who took their lives.

You are missed, loved and never forgotten.
&>---<-----

V

vader

There's a massive issue with violence in general within our society these days

A

AndyRew

One Woman dies every three days as a result of domestic violence, which is a tragedy, but the biggest tragedy is that it could have been prevented...and there is no excuse, its saddens me to know that such things happen around me...

Nymph

Gold Member
image.jpg

Sometimes in a relationship, abuse which starts off as psychological, emotional or verbal can cause confusion and be an early warning sign of physical abuse.

If you think you are in an abusive relationship, learn the signs and make a move towards freedom.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

A

AndyRew

0_50f93_355a2c63_L

YOU LOVELY LADY'S HAVE ALL OF THESE

Happy2

Legend Member
I agree homer if you still feel the need to vent Invest in a punching bag for the back verandah if you wish

V

vader

View attachment 44184

Sometimes in a relationship, abuse which starts off as psychological, emotional or verbal can cause confusion and be an early warning sign of physical abuse.

If you think you are in an abusive relationship, learn the signs and make a move towards freedom.

View attachment 44185 View attachment 44186 View attachment 44187 View attachment 44188

Some great info here Nymph, particularly the nonviolent abuse - isolation,jealousy, control etc. I've seen some women friends of mine suffer at this but not one point did I call it abuse (though I was highly critical of their respective partners and advised leaving), but it is abuse.

Thanks for the post!!!

Happy2

Legend Member
It is good to see how attitudes are ever improving
I mean I remember a friend of my father saying things along the lines of
"I didn't mean anything by it Just keeping her in her place" I don't believe the majority of the blokes who heard this agreed But no one really worried either It's just how things were in the" Good old days"

Hopefully it would cause anger/disgust said today

Crystal Secrets

Silver Member
As a Secrets Massage girl, I'm proud to say I will be donating 20% of my earnings from today to the White Ribbon Foundation (which so far is $100).
Say no to domestic violence.

Happy2

Legend Member
As a Secrets Massage girl, I'm proud to say I will be donating 20% of my earnings from today to the White Ribbon Foundation (which so far is $100).
Say no to domestic violence.
Good for you young lady Youve got me now
I was giving all the proceeds from the charity paddock to Esperance But will donate two tonnes( Well proceeds of )to white ribbon as well as

A

AndyRew

Judge says society will no longer remain silent on domestic abuse as he jails violent partner for at least five years

This is a welcoming turn, however I do raise an eye to the statement

' society will no longer remain silent on domestic abuse '

I find that very hard to associate with, is he assuming we/society is turning a blind eye to what is happening here in this country, I applaud his judgment and sentencing, that much is true. But we are far from falling silent, and the statement i feel is out of touch. Its the legal system that falls silent where protection for women is required.

In Victoria through 2013-14 there were 65,393 reported cases of domestic violence of those, almost 30,000 were serious enough for police to press charges. I'd like to know how many of these pathetic pricks where convicted? because these are not small numbers and its just one State..

But certainly a step in the right direction indeed....

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/c67deb58294016bb217b4afe02f4a97e