Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
The new style is up, tell us what you think. Still have a few problems to sort out with the sponsor links, but should master by the end of the day.
By having sponsors we will have more input from other establishments which will make the overall forum more interesting and less one sided.

S

Spunkymunky

What i love the most is that the links at the top and basic structure are the same! It takes me so long to get the hang of different websites :)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Thanks ladies, hopefully Tina will have all the other sponsors up tonight and the first of the ladies banners.

L

Larry83

Awesome, simple, neat, easy to navigate and good on the eye style wise.

mandycd

Gold Member
Maryanne it`s fine. It`s not alot different from the old one, eh? Well the Lp`s one i mean. Kia Ora BTW

N

Naughty Thoughts

Yep - very clean, not too much clutter, easy to use and most of the usual toys are in either the usual places (such as the user control sections) or easy to find.

Looks good.

westboy

Foundation Member
Great improvement, certainly worth the wait. Let's hope lots of the old contributors will return and everything gets buzzing again.

Ian IT

Gold Member
If you are looking for a professional design perspective, there are design and code issues. I see you used the free blue themed "Ocean Zero" Template and modified the header graphic and style sheet. Anyway good attempt, however can be greatly improved.

Below is a quick mockup of how you can improve on the design to give a more upmarket, clean and professional feel..
Maybe I have a eye for detail, however if you look at your header graphic, you will notice it is distorted. The reason for this is you have set your width dimensions incorrectly forcing the graphic to stretch.
Your logo is very important for branding, I have made it more distinct. I enhanced your photo to give a more soft beautiful look. The text is more clear and easy on the eyes.. always use light colour on darker backgrounds and vice versa. Never add too much drop shadow.
Keeping with the theme, do not use many colours for text, use only a few and change the blue text within your style sheet. Also remove the blues in the drop down menu, only uses the theme colours. Same goes with icons.. keep to the theme colour... too many different colours is distracting.
On the right side of the header, the jagged edges can be removed by using channels mode, blur and levels in photoshop. If you bring the opacity down it will give a more realistic shadow. The forumtemplate.com text should be placed above the image, not on top and change the colour to your theme colour. Be more specific with "your ad here", maybe change to "display your ad here.. call ... "
Other improvements can be made... above is a few ideas..

Last edited:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Thank you ,Thank You, when can I buy you a drink and pick your brain to teach me all the little secrets of using the forum better.Happy to give a sponsorship banner in return, etc etc etc.

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
Well, now I can say that I do like the new style, now that I can see it. Anyways, I have been with this forum since Nov 04 and I would have to say that this is the best style so far.

Ian IT

Gold Member
I forgot to upload this one I quickly mocked up ...
Which I personally like because it goes with the Langtrees.com theme colour...
The thumbshot does not give it justice.. Looks even better looking at the whole page design. However, due to upload restrictions I was limited to what I could show...

Last edited:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Jack hammer, I had a meeting with Tina today to get the forum finished and the banners sorted. Hopefully will be all uploaded tonight.
tina loved your art work and we are going to change to your stronger lokk. Thanks for the input, it was much appreciated.

jennifer_melb

Bronze Member
Your new site looks great !
I like the sensual feel yours gives, jackhammers design with the stronger colours should still give that feel...

DT4eva

Gold Member
love it, the all new look and feel
only thing is now the pages are a lot wider have to keep moving the scroll bar at the bottom to read each line

Status
Not open for further replies.