Trophy Points

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
Hey I know that this has been discussed in previous threads, however, after reading through those threads, I still can't find the answers that I am looking for.

So let's try again.

1. How EXACTLY does one earn trophy points? In the previous threads MAK submitted a list outlining ways of achieving these points but I am not convinced that list was correct or complete. In fact there is a member in the "Notable Members - most points" list who has the following stats - Posts: 19; Likes Received: 16 Trophy Points: 102 HOW IS THIS AT ALL POSSIBLE??
  2. Can I assume that these Trophy Points are simply "bling" and don't count for anything? One doesn't receive a free weekend at Langtrees to do whatever one likes - with whomever one likes, if you receive a certain amount of trophy points?????

SO WHAT IS THE POINT??

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy Zeus, You need to tone-it down. Yes there will be a debate about Trophy points on this thread, but Zeus, you need to keep it friendly.

OK I will start with myself and my colleague Lana, we both have work hard for our points and both off US have been on 123 points for over 18 months, I except the situation and I cannot answer for Lana, but, it would not surprise me that she feels the same as myself.
Yes......it is easy to see that Trophy Points have a bling status, so does....'Likes" in my mind the greatest Bling Status is the "number of post and individual does" and "the length of years that someone has been on this site"
For example Zeus, Bushseeker has been on this site for over 10 years.
Finally, is this site a social site? In my mind it is and like all the rest of the social sites, they all have their own status symbols.

Now Zeus the answer you are seeking is coming, it will come from a Higher power and it will take a little time, but your questions will be answered.

sparky

Legend Member
Trophy points were made by MAK around 12 months ago I think it was when she was trying to get the forum happening again and rating on google
There was talk of swapping them for services at Langtrees etc and everyone went stupid trying to get points then nothing happened as it was really just a lot of hype and free promotion for the forum
No harm in it tho at least we the punters dont need to pay to be here (for now)

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
There are 2 parts to trophy points.

1..... As new members join....make a post.....get likes..... and log in a certain amount of times they will be automatically awarded trophies. This is a status of ones membership. From new member through to legend members.

2......Mary-Anne spent a long time on cracking the code on how to add trophy points manually to members when there are competitions on.

What's the point?.......

That depends on when Mary-Anne wants to hold competition......

Long ago when I first got here I had a lot of ideas about competitions. Most of those ideas have to be approved. And I am still waiting on some.

Now...... as to toning it down..... you asked a valid question. But be nice to the mods and ask politely..... they are providing a free service.

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
OK Yoda - fair response. Thank you.

So how does a member who has made a total of 19 posts and received 16 likes get 102 trophy points??

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
OK Yoda - fair response. Thank you.

So how does a member who has made a total of 19 posts and received 16 likes get 102 trophy points??

There has been many changes of late where many many threads, and entire sub forums have been deleted. Many members with posts within these threads would have had threads deleted but their trophy points remained........

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
images

If you've seen this show, you know the points don't matter.