"tis the season to be fruity - fal alalal allalal

C

Contrarian

I always the end and first parts of any year because of all the delicious fruit in season. Seriously - I lose lots of weight because some days I eat nothing but fruit for all 3 meals.

Watermelons! Mangoes! Cherries! Berries! Strawberries! Oranges! Apples! Pears! Kiwi fruit! Peaches! Plums! Grapes! Bananas!

Man... I could go on!

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Sounds yummy...
I have a friend that has diabetes that tried the same as yourself.
Since I`m not a doctor I have no idea why, I can only assume that it was all the natural sugars in them that caused her levels to go sky high.

On a happier note, do you enjoy durian?? I know it smells like old socks but I love the taste...

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I thought you were talking about ipad, ipod, iphone, and imacs, mac books...

C

Contrarian

Sounds yummy...
I have a friend that has diabetes that tried the same as yourself.
Since I`m not a doctor I have no idea why, I can only assume that it was all the natural sugars in them that caused her levels to go sky high.

On a happier note, do you enjoy durian?? I know it smells like old socks but I love the taste...

That's a bit of a strange one BB - reason I say that is that diabetes and a lack of insulin or lower amount of it is caused also by being overweight. So if the fruit helps you lose weight... ipso facto? Does she exercise as well - I don't mean going to a gym but just a half hour walk daily?

I only eat durians when I'm in Asia.

Happy2

Legend Member
My brother is a Type1 Diabetic The one with needles everyday
He has to be very careful with his fruit intake Especially the decent stuff like Mangoes And Dried fruit forget it
His blood sugars go through the roof Type 2 diabetes may be far more forgiving as it is generally a lifestyle problem

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Are some fruits not high in natural sugars?? She tells me she seems to have the higher readings after eating a few oranges and yes, she is slightly overweight, going for daily walks.
Maybe I should join her and try n shed a few kilos myself.
The durian here comes in frozen so I think it looses some of it`s taste. Also while in Asia I tell myself I`ll only eat the fresh fruit but with so many other types food carts around it gets too tempting for me at times...

I love my mango sticky rice... :love7:

C

Contrarian

BB, is she a type 1 or 2? She is seeing a doctor isn't she and on medication I hope?

TheRoamingEyeball

Gold Member
A friend of mine is much like yourself Contrarian, absolutely loves fruit! You both probably have healthier digestive tracks than me lol I'm a strict meat and salad eater.

T

Tania Admin

I love my fruit but then I am a keen vegetable and meat eater too. Any food that's not processed and is fresh is good. And living in the country I have the added bonus of eating seasonal fruits that are usually fresh that day or only 1 or 2 days off the plant, only way to have it. :)

C

Contrarian

Fruit doesn't have to be cooked. I love vegetables but it can be a hassle cooking. That's why I've never been vegetarian except in Asia where eating out is cheap and there's a huge variety. Cooking vegetarian meals that are healthy is a goddamn hassle!

T

Tania Admin

Fruit doesn't have to be cooked. I love vegetables but it can be a hassle cooking. That's why I've never been vegetarian except in Asia where eating out is cheap and there's a huge variety. Cooking vegetarian meals that are healthy is a goddamn hassle!

Sometimes I will pickle/marinate beef and eat it raw (especially when I make my famous beef jerky ),,,so yummy and so healthy.

T

Tania Admin

I'm still waiting for this famous beef jerkey Woman! I will elbow my way to the top of the list if that's what it takes :boxing:

I have next weekend off to spend at home with my babies. My daughter will be helping me make some Beef Jerky (my special marinate is already brewing). Does that make you happy Miss Claire? :)

I have next weekend off to spend at home with my babies. My daughter will be helping me make some Beef Jerky (my special marinate is already brewing). Does that make you happy Miss Claire? :)

You have no idea how happy that makes me! I will be counting the days till your beef jerkey heaven reaches my mouth xxx

T

Tania Admin

You have no idea how happy that makes me! I will be counting the days till your beef jerkey heaven reaches my mouth xxx

Attention Miss Claire,,,,about to start slicing up this 5 kg slab of steak I have to marinate for Beef Jerky. :)