• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Things unlucky ... examples and their derivation??

S

Steve Bond

For instance … Friday 13th … I believe originated because the Pope ordered the assassination of all the Knights Templar on that day! :nono:

Happy2

Legend Member
Walking under a ladder

There seems to be Three possible reasons for it being bad luck Two European One Egyptian
Walking under a ladder leaning against a wall resembled the gallows so walking under guaranteed your demise
Second was the ladder leaning against the wall was a triangle and that represents the Trinity (Theres my Catholic childhood coming out)
and it was blasphemous
And the Egyptian version also based itself on the triangle The triangle held special powers Look at there little headstones they made
So you were reducing or breaking the power of the triangle by walking under the ladder Even today many alternative people love their triangles

S

Steve Bond

… and there's me thinking it was to avoid paint spills on me!!

T

Tania Admin

For instance … Friday 13th … I believe originated because the Pope ordered the assassination of all the Knights Templar on that day! :nono:

I must be a bad girl,,on Friday 13th I always wear black, religiously lol