They don't get it!!

B

BigBlackCock

Wow! 60kmh on a freeway certainly is annoying and dangerous unless it's due to road congestion. The freeway's not that free obviously. There used to be a dj on 96fm who'd read the evening traffic report and then say, "to all those motorists on the Narrows Bridge right now - congratulations! You now hold the world record for being in the world's biggest car park!!"

I've no issue with anyone following the stipulated speed limit whether it's 60kmh or 50 where it's built up, or 40 during school hours (and people who speed then are REALLY annoying), or 15 in a built up office area like a hospital or inner school area, or 5 in a car park with lots of trucks in it.

Speeding kills.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
What if........ Just what would it feel like if all people contemplated choosing not to let the action of anyone else arouse their annoyance or anger.

Just I wonder what it would feel like.

Happy2

Legend Member
That would never work Master Yoda. I mean if everybody turned up at work after a pleasant commute And smiled at their colleagues were pleasant to the customers.

To qoute several past Prime Ministers it would be"Unaustralian"

W

WRXXR

Speeding kills.

Talk about a major generalization! If you want to get technical, it's not actually speed which kills you but the sudden stop at the end..

The government tells us what it wants but that doesn't mean it's the truth.

I'd suggest that most crashes are caused by inattention or sheer stupidity rather than speed. What about all those single car crashes in the country. Speed is always blame but surely falling asleep at the wheel or swerving for a roo is more likely than loosing control at 120kms

Don't get me wrong, I think it's very important to keep to 50 in the suburbs but I will never believe that 120 on the freeway is any more dangerous than 100.

antonov

Gold Member
No disputing that speed kills - but maybe we should look at the causes of speeding: drinking, stupidity, inexperienced drivers, and.... frustration at trying to get past idiots who hog the right hand lane for kms on end when there is a perfectly clear left hand lane for them to be driving in!

B

BigBlackCock

Why get frustrated when you should be following the speed limit like the person in front, even if they're in the right hand lane?

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
That would never work Master Yoda. I mean if everybody turned up at work after a pleasant commute And smiled at their colleagues were pleasant to the customers.

To qoute several past Prime Ministers it would be"Unaustralian"

:). Thanks, I appreciate the humour.

You're right, collectively our minds are not geared to hold that state for very long. But what if..... Only for moments. Just what if.

B

BigBlackCock

Oh well, time to move on (for me), I think all that's been said has been said.

N

Naughty Thoughts

Wow! 60kmh on a freeway certainly is annoying and dangerous...

Certainly is. I believe that on the Freeway(s) drivers are not allowed to drive at less than 20km/h below the limit (ie 80km/h) unless traffic conditions do not allow it (peak hour traffic).

When I was younger I had a car that struggled to reach 70km/h - had to make sure I never took it onto the freeway (we only had one then). I'm not sure about regular roads though - I'm sure that somewhere on the books there will be something about "impeding the flow of traffic" or some other catch-all that can be used.

racer

Bronze Member
Talk about a major generalization! If you want to get technical, it's not actually speed which kills you but the sudden stop at the end..

Speeding doesn't kill - Its the difference in speed which causes accidents and road-rage.

Traffic would flow so much more freely if everyone was more considerate, but thats not happening anytime soon. People just don't seem to understand that whenever you get behind the wheel you're in control of a tonne and a bit of metal which could kill someone.

Last edited:

Happy2

Legend Member
loneroad you are right about there being a minimum speed for freeways.
I was your usual smarter than thou teenager many moons ago. Got my first ticket for driving on the freeway with P Plates. A P Platers maximum allowable speed was still
to slow to be allowed on the freeway in the first place

T

Trevsa10

Perhaps people it is a simple case of using common sence and manners > both of which seem to be lacking in todayes world > it is simple manners not to obstruct the flow of traffic and common scence not to drive faster than the speed limit

A

Amber01

shut up BBC are you on some like serious vendetta against those of us that get pissed off with nanna drivers on the road!!! BAHAHAHHAHA WRXXR!!!!! I was gonna say something along the same line about the prius thing!! haha and yes BBC it is the fast lane, BUT NOT IN ANY BLOODY RULE BOOKS COURSE THEY WONT SAY THAT IT IS SIMPLY WHAT NORMAL PPL CALL IT HENCE THE FACT IT IS IN FACT AN OVERTAKING LANE!!! But yes maybe you shouldnt have ur licence coz its not speed that kills, simply the dumb shits who have no idea what they are doing!!

gosh you are really annoying geeze

F

Farm Boy

shut up BBC are you on some like serious vendetta against those of us that get pissed off with nanna drivers on the road!!! BAHAHAHHAHA WRXXR!!!!! I was gonna say something along the same line about the prius thing!! haha and yes BBC it is the fast lane, BUT NOT IN ANY BLOODY RULE BOOKS COURSE THEY WONT SAY THAT IT IS SIMPLY WHAT NORMAL PPL CALL IT HENCE THE FACT IT IS IN FACT AN OVERTAKING LANE!!! But yes maybe you shouldnt have ur licence coz its not speed that kills, simply the dumb shits who have no idea what they are doing!!

gosh you are really annoying geeze

Look out Amber he is going to correct your spelling tell you that your overemotional and say something about ants brains.

B

BigBlackCock

Amber diddums, go have a lie down with Farmboy. Obviously, if you wanted someone's opinion, you'd give it to them. If your driving skills are as good as your reading skills you would have noted I'd withdrawn from the subject - until you impressed me with your intellect.

Your profile states

So i'm a fun, easy going, open minded young lady who loves a good time as well as anyone.
I love dirt bikes and cars and i'm currently putting a new motor in my datto 120Y. It loads of fun!
I'm a very vibrant person with a bubbly personality and I love to laugh!
I look forward to meeting you guys so come pay me a visit sometime xx

True to your word huh? By the way, if normal people call it the "fast lane" and so far in all these posts, you're the only one calling it as such, it must make you very special.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Farm Boy

Amber diddums, go have a lie down with Farmboy. Obviously, if you wanted someone's opinion, you'd give it to them. If your driving skills are as good as your reading skills you would have noted I'd withdrawn from the subject - until you impressed me with your intellect.

Your profile states

True to your word huh?
it

Withdrawn my bum poke him with a stick and he bites it every time.

F

Farm Boy

Old super intelligent good reading skills BBC got his Kalgoorlie ladles mixed up .

W

WRXXR

True to your word huh? By the way, if normal people call it the "fast lane" and so far in all these posts, you're the only one calling it as such, it must make you very special.

Amber's not alone!

I've always known the right hand lane of the freeway as the faster lane.

It's a real turn on and makes me tight in the pants to know that you think i'm special ;D

vivvyxx

Silver Member
Right lane hoggers! What can be done to get them to bugger off the right lane?

Back from where I came from, flashing headlights and a honk is a norm. But it's different here. Even if your vehicle is so close to theirs that your bumper's almost glued to each other, they won't budge! :angry4:

Would it be rude if I flash my lights? Or just give a soft beep?

Drive your car in front of their car and do it back I guess

T

Tania Admin

In WA if the speed limit is under 90 both lanes can be used.
Tail gating someone because you are annoyed risks lives and is illegal. 2 wrongs never make a right.

C

Ciao Baby

In WA if the speed limit is under 90 both lanes can be used.
Tail gating someone because you are annoyed risks lives and is illegal. 2 wrongs never make a right.
It is common courtesy etiquette & common sense 2 stay in the left lane whether it is law or not. Manners cost nothing & sadly most ppl r so caught up in their own little bubble of self importance that they simply do not give a flying fuck abt any1 or anything other than themselves.

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
But isn't it (the right lane) strictly speaking a passing lane? So, as soon as the second car in the right lane (relating to BBC's scenario) is not overtaking the one in the left lane it shouldn't be in the right lane.
Drivers who linger around in the right lane without apparent reason are not only irritating and annoying but dangerous as well because other drivers are tempted to overtake them in the left lane.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If the car in front of you on the left lane is at the correct posted speed then overtaking that car on the right means you are exceeding the speed limit. Mr Plod or his camera mates love that.

But I do agree if you have two slow pokes driving well under the posted speed paralleling each other in both lanes. I see that on Roe Highway every morning.

C

Ciao Baby

If the car in front of you on the left lane is at the correct posted speed then overtaking that car on the right means you are exceeding the speed limit. Mr Plod or his camera mates love that.

But I do agree if you have two slow pokes driving well under the posted speed paralleling each other in both lanes. I see that on Roe Highway every morning.
The amount of times I have seen an emergency vehicle - police firies or ambos with lights & sirens blaring stuck behind some ignorant fool in the right hand lane is beyond belief.
A few seconds delay could be the difference between life & death.

C

Ciao Baby

A few years back when I was younger & dumber I had a few beers with friends in Freo when sum1 pulled out some herbal cookies & passed them around. After an undetermined period of time I kinda got my shit 2gether enuff 2 slide behind the wheel & make my way home @ a speed not exceeding 25kmh.
Unfortunately a coupla km's down South St I encountered a booze bus.
Still not being capable of forming sentences or even moving my lips at that point I simply nodded in slow motion when the young police officer asked if I had had anything 2 drink.
He looked at me quizically & asked me 2 blow in the breathalyzer.
I dug deep & managed 2 part my lips enuff 2 blow in2 the machine again the police officer gave me a quizzical look & told me 2 drive carefully.
Feeling quite relieved I proceeded on my journey & then it dawned on me that a couple of my mates would b travelling home the same way so I picked up my fone & called 2 warn them of the booze bus. As I was trying 2 get my lips 2 work I casually glanced out the drivers side window 2 discover a Mickey mouse car casually cruising alongside me & signalling 4 me 2 pull over.
The copper said what were u doing mate warning ur mates? The best I could manage was another slow nod of my head & as he was writing the ticket gravity took hold & I started 2 slide down my seat.
As he handed me the ticket I summonsed all of my energy & managed to pull myself back in2 a semi upright position & nod & wave goodbye.
That is the very last time I ever spoke on my fone whilst driving & I'm almost certain I have not eaten a herbal cookie since 🙃

Taylor Tara

Authoress of Tara Memoirs
Gold Member
But isn't it (the right lane) strictly speaking a passing lane? So, as soon as the second car in the right lane (relating to BBC's scenario) is not overtaking the one in the left lane it shouldn't be in the right lane.
Drivers who linger around in the right lane without apparent reason are not only irritating and annoying but dangerous as well because other drivers are tempted to overtake them in the left lane.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes for passing, Not for blocking. Does my head in. I love the open highways were i am the only car for hours :)