The Queen is dead. King Charles 3 reign begins

mrys

Legend Member
I think Liz did an OK job under sometimes difficult circumstances.......but the pay was good. Before we talk about a republic lets cast our eyes around for a true statesman to be president. A person with vision, intellect, integrity, heart and wisdom. Look as I might all I see are self interested politicians and greedy corporate hounds. 'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' Donald T is the pin up boy for that quote!! We don't want to go down that path do we?

Luckypete 08

Legend Member
I think Liz did an OK job under sometimes difficult circumstances.......but the pay was good. Before we talk about a republic lets cast our eyes around for a true statesman to be president. A person with vision, intellect, integrity, heart and wisdom. Look as I might all I see are self interested politicians and greedy corporate hounds. 'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' Donald T is the pin up boy for that quote!! We don't want to go down that path do we?
off the subject a bit but I'd wish we could get rid of that stupid dreary National Anthem we have when the Republic becomes reality....its so cringy !

D

Deleted member 49173

In what way is a republic a reality Luckypete ??
I think its just another form of deceptive governance .. I honestly don't believe we'll be better off if it happens. 🤷🤷

But at least a President wouldn't be head of state AND church ..

Luckypete 08

Legend Member
In what way is a republic a reality Luckypete ??
I think its just another form of deceptive governance .. I honestly don't believe we'll be better off if it happens. 🤷🤷

But at least a President wouldn't be head of state AND church ..
well i was born in 1958 in Wollongong so the Queen has always been a part of white Australian culture ever since i was born and to be very honest i admired the Queen and she was extremely dignified in her role ( she even had a couple of good mates in our sporting teams) but i feel it just time now for us to be the one Australia but yes Promassuer63 you maybe very well right but it's just my opinion that we go republic.

mrys

Legend Member
off the subject a bit but I'd wish we could get rid of that stupid dreary National Anthem we have when the Republic becomes reality....its so cringy !
I'm not a huge fan either but I'd sing anything if this country got it's mojo back with visionary leadership and a rediscovery of looking after each other. We are no longer the 'lucky country' we are paralysed with wokeness and self absorption. We are just a shadow of our forebears who would be cringing at their sacrifices and hard work being squandered.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I am liking King Charles & I loved the Queen but I am happy she went so quickly, I just hope she doesnt claim my job upstairs I rather fancy gods left hand PA position xxxxx

Mariah

HellsfuckingBelle
Silver Member
I am liking King Charles & I loved the Queen but I am happy she went so quickly, I just hope she doesnt claim my job upstairs I rather fancy gods left hand PA position xxxxx
Let's be real Mary Anne, we all know the Queen will be curtsying to you when you make your way there. ;)

mrys

Legend Member
I'm sure many people would say you have been a saving angel in life so it's entirely appropriate to continue that career in the hereafter. I've met you a few times in the distant past and even been the plate drier as you did the plate washing. You rocked then and clearly still do. Shame we ran out of wine the last time :)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Let's be real Mary Anne, we all know the Queen will be curtsying to you when you make your way there. ;)
No never I have too much respect for her I just dont want her pinching my upstairs job, Our God needs a bit of shaking up. xxxx

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I'm sure many people would say you have been a saving angel in life so it's entirely appropriate to continue that career in the hereafter. I've met you a few times in the distant past and even been the plate drier as you did the plate washing. You rocked then and clearly still do. Shame we ran out of wine the last time :)
It warmed the cockles of my heart you can make drying dishes an enjoyable role that is hard for most xxxx

mrys

Legend Member
It warmed the cockles of my heart you can make drying dishes an enjoyable role that is hard for most xxxx
Well It's not often you get to dry dishes for an intriguing and dare I say alluring woman. I did my best but I suspect you were faster at the washing than I was at the drying :)

stovo82

Diamond Member
The Royals are a giant puppet show with all the pomp and ceremony. The Royals symbolically represent British national pride. The first thing foreigners associate Britain with is the Royals. The Yanks are jealous they do not have their own Royal family.

Smoggy

Foundation Member
Australia is the lucky country. Lucky because Australia was colonised by the British and not by some other European country more reluctant to hand over power. The British have brought many benefits that include the Westminster system and rule of law. Sure there have been atrocities which must be acknowledged but we cant change history only learn from it and move forward.

I would have Charlie any day over a Head of State picked by the political elite.

LongHair

Legend Member
you want to sit on God's left hand? I am not exactly sure what to make of that ;)

janny-ammerson

Gold Member
Very upset and at the same time I am extremely angry, because I feel that the vile, vicious and totally unwarranted lies about and attacks on her and the Royal Family from the Traitors of Montecito have hastened her death. The only other thing I can say is that Charles and Camilla will make an exemplary King and Queen.

Luckypete 08

Legend Member
Just a story : The year 1970 and its a royal visit to Australia and me well its my first year in high school and this certain day the Queen was in Wollongong so our school made us hop on buses and be transported to between Kembla Grange race course and the speedway and we sat and sat and waited on a very hot day ( never forget how hot it was ) and finally the Queens black car came racing past and she gave a wave and we all hopped back on the bus and went back to school...
Biggest waste of time ever haha !

CraigieBoi

Travelling looking for positive funny people
Diamond Member
Collectors are waiting to cash in. I see some coins are now going up in price. Some stamps might go up in price for collectors.

lonelyman

Gold Member

Queen Elizabeth and Paul Keating​

Australian Prime Minister Paul Keating was once invited by Queen Elizabeth. Both of them were riding in the Queen's horse-driven carriage when one of the horses farted.​

Petrified and embarrassed by the horse's toot, the Queen apologizes to Keating, "I'm sorry," she said.​

Keating replied, "Oh that's okay. But I thought it was the horse!"​

Bigdy

Gold Member
Australia is the lucky country. Lucky because Australia was colonised by the British and not by some other European country more reluctant to hand over power. The British have brought many benefits that include the Westminster system and rule of law. Sure there have been atrocities which must be acknowledged but we cant change history only learn from it and move forward.

I would have Charlie any day over a Head of State picked by the political elite.
Agree 100% the British did a great job at setting up institutions wherever they went. Even India did ok ish for such a headfuck it used to be. The rule of law, capitalism, individual accountancy to God and law are all British ideas that have lifted more people of poverty than any other ideas tried ever before