• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

The Importance of Website Testing

Design Guru

Creative Mind ♐
Gold Member
I recently had a conversation with a potential client and when I mentioned website testing he stopped me and asked, “Why does a website need testing?” His tone was dubious. Was I trying to pull a fast one on him? Certainly not. Any website designer worth his or her salt will test any website before it goes live.

Why we have to test a website
If we all had identical computers running identical software website testing would be a breeze. But we don’t.

Do your website visitors have a PC or a Mac? What browser are they using? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Safari? Chrome? And what version is that browser? Do they have javascript turned off? Do they allow images? What font size do they use as their default? Do they have a user-defined stylesheet? What is their screen resolution? What about your handicapped and impaired visitors? What will their experience be?

As you can see, unlike printed media a website can be viewed on any number of systems that offer seemingly endless variables to take into account when designing a website. And this is why website designers have to test.

Read more: