Should or shouldn`t you???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Being the cheap person I am I was enjoying the 5 star dining of a foodhall at my local shoppig centre today, when a pleasant family of mum, dad, 2 kids and a newborn sat down next to me. All was good as we were quietly enjoying our lunch when suddenly the mum decided to breastfeed her newborn.
Now I`m not going to try to sound like a prude and maybe I`m a bit oldfashioned but could she not have gone to one of the family rooms they offer or chosen a more secluded place to try and feed??

Don`t get me wrong, I love nature, happy familys and newborns but shouldn`t some things be done more discreetly??? :dontknow:

A

Alecia the Foxx

Being the cheap person I am I was enjoying the 5 star dining of a foodhall at my local shoppig centre today, when a pleasant family of mum, dad, 2 kids and a newborn sat down next to me. All was good as we were quietly enjoying our lunch when suddenly the mum decided to breastfeed her newborn.
Now I`m not going to try to sound like a prude and maybe I`m a bit oldfashioned but could she not have gone to one of the family rooms they offer or chosen a more secluded place to try and feed??

Don`t get me wrong, I love nature, happy familys and newborns but shouldn`t some things be done more discreetly??? :dontknow:

If the newborn baby can't eat in public, neither can you. You move to one of the family rooms. And you do sound like an old-fashioned prude. :boxing:

retrowolf

Horny Bugger
Gold Member
It's a beautiful and natural thing that should be allowed in public... just like masturbation. ;)

Holford

Gold Member
It's a natural part of life and doesn't need to be hidden or shameful as that sends a bad message to our society.

Breast feeding should be allowed anywhere as it's feeding a human being. How did it get discriminated against in the first place??

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Twentyfirst century....hello....let the mum breastfeed their babies where and whenever they like.
What is it that makes it offensive in public? As already pointed out....it is one of the most natural things and it is non sexual even when a titt might be visual. So everybody....get over yourselves and let's join modern age.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haste69

Gold Member
The trouble is that some girls like to show-off their skill at breast-feeding. it can be a bit like being present when Chinese miners stop for lunch -

Be discreet in everything you do - whether eating a pie at the footy, a bowl of rice when you are starving, breast-feeding a newborn,dreaming in public about Rochelle or some other gorgeous Langtrees lady (that was for you Retrowolf).

BTW Billybones - move up from the Food Hall!! Make your own sandwich and use your $$ to buy a decent feed at Langtrees. You lucky Perthites ! And then write about your experiences so we in the East will turn green with jealousy!

F

Farm Boy

Arr for Christ sake billibones if she did so what have a wank and get over it.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Okay... next time it happens I think I`ll follow some suggestions, and do the following...

I`ll drop my pants and proceed to masturbate, explaining to the mother at the same time how I fell what she is doing is natural and beautiful and then ask her if she minds if I change places with the baby for a couple minutes.

Just for the record my reply was writtern in humour and not meant to be taken seriously.

Smile a little, it costs nothing.:icon_boun

A

Alecia the Foxx

"Just for the record my reply was writtern in humour and not meant to be taken seriously.

Smile a little, it costs nothing."

If you are going to post controversial topics in threads, it is unrealistic to expect everyone to think it's funny. To me, it's like someone saying something insulting or unflattering and then when they get a negative response (cos, I don't like being insulted) trying to get out of it by saying it was "just" a joke. Immature, in my opinion.

A

Alecia the Foxx

"Just for the record my reply was writtern in humour and not meant to be taken seriously.

Smile a little, it costs nothing."

If you are going to post controversial topics in threads, it is unrealistic to expect everyone to think it's funny. To me, it's like someone saying something insulting or unflattering and then when they get a negative response (cos, I don't like being insulted) trying to get out of it by saying it was "just" a joke. Immature, in my opinion.

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

Hi,
I must say that I agree whole heartedly with all the negative feedback that this thread has had...however, I also understand that if someone was brought up with old fashioned values, then it's very difficult for them to change their outlook on certain issue's as an adult. I would say that this gent has been brought up in the kind of environment where personal issue's were kept personal? Therefore, seeing open acts such as breastfeeding in public would be quite a shock.
We need only look around at the multicultural society we live in? Some ladies are not even permitted to shoe their faces for god's sake! So perhaps allowances need to be made for backgrounds and cultural upbringings?

Food for thought?::)
Lisa
xxx

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

Hi,
I must say that I agree whole heartedly with all the negative feedback that this thread has had...however, I also understand that if someone was brought up with old fashioned values, then it's very difficult for them to change their outlook on certain issue's as an adult. I would say that this gent has been brought up in the kind of environment where personal issue's were kept personal? Therefore, seeing open acts such as breastfeeding in public would be quite a shock.
We need only look around at the multicultural society we live in? Some ladies are not even permitted to show their faces for god's sake! So perhaps allowances need to be made for backgrounds and cultural upbringings?

Lisa
xxx

A

Alecia the Foxx

Hi,
We need only look around at the multicultural society we live in? Some ladies are not even permitted to shoe their faces for god's sake! So perhaps allowances need to be made for backgrounds and cultural upbringings?

Lisa
xxx

You are right of course, Lisa.

It's just that this stuff is really boring. I have been hearing people going on about breast feeding mothers in public for 20 years. Yawn. Sure, it is hard for people to change their attitudes once in adulthood, but it's not as hard as having to listen to it ad nauseum for 20 years. And I would also wonder why someone who had the sort of values system that would lend them to be uptight about breast feeding mothers would even be on a forum of this kind anyway.

F

Farm Boy

If we can get over the breastfeeding ploney thing I would like to say I enjoy dining at the food halls too.

E

Emilee

Its fine to breastfeed your baby in public its natural and plus I don't enjoy the sounds of a hungry screaming baby!

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Ha!!!!! Emilee, love your response.....lol....everything is better than a screaming baby especially when it is high-pitched and going on for ever. :violent1:
And as a final comment from my side......I agree with you Haste69......as long as we do everything with some consideration for our environment (especially multi-culti environment) we might be able to co-exist in peace and mutual acceptance.
Amen :notworthy

R.xxxxxxxxxxx