• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Selling your soul to the Devil

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
Stories of men who sold their soul to the devil in exchange for some sort of ability or object go as far back as the concept of the devil itself. Many people were killed as a result of these bargains, and many of them enjoyed a huge amount of short-lived worldly success.

Being a music fan, I particularly like the story about Robert Johnson - one of the greatest Blues guitarists that ever lived who apparently sold his sole to the devil.
The story goes that Robert Johnson was a fairly ordinary guitarist. He hen disappeared for some time and upon his return he had become the greatest blues guitarist.

My question is......If you had the option of selling your sole to the devil in return for becoming the very best of whatever you wanted to be. would you????

devil.jpg

Buk

Diamond Member
Stories of men who sold their soul to the devil in exchange for some sort of ability or object go as far back as the concept of the devil itself. Many people were killed as a result of these bargains, and many of them enjoyed a huge amount of short-lived worldly success.

Being a music fan, I particularly like the story about Robert Johnson - one of the greatest Blues guitarists that ever lived who apparently sold his sole to the devil.
The story goes that Robert Johnson was a fairly ordinary guitarist. He hen disappeared for some time and upon his return he had become the greatest blues guitarist.

My question is......If you had the option of selling your sole to the devil in return for becoming the very best of whatever you wanted to be. would you????

View attachment 35843
No

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
dueprocess.png

I so regretted that decision.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
No.

The idea here must be that you receive a reward for a while.
If God and the Devil are real, we understand that we are spirit beings; we have a soul and we live in a body.
The spirit and soul are immortal, so live on after bodily death.
If, therefore, when the body dies (that could be tomorrow) the soul lives on in Hell, we could look forward to an eternity of torture.

We are a long time dead

No

For you to believe in a devil to actually sell your soul to, it follows that you also believe in an everlasting hell. So, why would you?

No

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Sadly there are a lot of people that will give a lot more for a lot less. And infinitely worse there are people who will give at the expense of others for personal gain, or do that just for gratifying a weak character.

So at least the selling of one's soul is not the worst thing that can be done. At least they are only doing it to themselves.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Sadly there are a lot of people that will give a lot more for a lot less. And infinitely worse there are people who will give at the expense of others for personal gain, or do that just for gratifying a weak character.

So at least the selling of one's soul is not the worst thing that can be done. At least they are only doing it to themselves.

I agree, but don't ever start a sentence with the word "And", again

Suzette

Silver Member
No.

The idea here must be that you receive a reward for a while.
If God and the Devil are real, we understand that we are spirit beings; we have a soul and we live in a body.
The spirit and soul are immortal, so live on after bodily death.
If, therefore, when the body dies (that could be tomorrow) the soul lives on in Hell, we could look forward to an eternity of torture.

We are a long time dead

No

For you to believe in a devil to actually sell your soul to, it follows that you also believe in an everlasting hell. So, why would you?

No
I totally agree

Suzette

Silver Member
Today I spoke to telemarketer and spoke Japanese well it could have been, I believe I was speaking in tongue
The devil made me do it.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
oh dear, looks like we are getting the band together.
Sigh, H2 and HP....not that I ever thought I could get rid of you guys.........
by the way the devil made me do it......EAT VEGETABLES

images

upload_2018-6-22_15-25-43.jpeg

upload_2018-6-22_15-26-8.jpeg

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- Rochelle, how many times do you need to be told, "forget the vegetables go for the watermelons"....

time-.jpg

Hey H2, That a nice pair of beets

time.jpg