• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Rochelle's Political Thread

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Abbott is not giving up

Apparently our Tony came up with another one of his great ideas (thanks Tony). This time he targets the unemployed and as I got it (please let me know if I am wrong) he would love to take away the dole especially in areas with high unemployment. The idea behind it is that people should not be able to turn down jobs.......people who are able to work should be pushed to work.
Well Tony.......two things come to my mind straight away........
1) it looks to me that people who can't work out of what ever reason are hard done by again,
2) the idea sounds very close to forced labour.

If you really want to hunt down a certain group of lazy guys who can't be bothered to get out of bed in the morning that's not the way. I do believe that the lazy bodies are the minority in the system. So don't make life harder for the majority.
Plus desperate people reach out for desperate solution and that might not be what the liberals have in mind.
Think twice.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

F

fukmee

Re: Abbott is not giving up

Abbott is a fundamentalist dickhead. The unemployed already have to show that they are actively seeking work or their payments are suspended. Fair enough in some ways - people should always try their best.

However Abbott wants to go even further and force people to move interstate - eg WA where there are jobs - even if they have no skills. Just another example of the uncaring approach of the Tories to the poor and disadvantaged.

F

Farm Boy

Julia had this to say....................................."
.My view is people who can work, should work,".. That is also what Tony and I think./
same message different ways of saying and enforcing it.
Evey tax payer in Australia would have some sort of opinion some harder some softer .

homer

Doh!
Legend Member

In some degree I agree with Abbott but please dont put me in the "fundamentalist dickhead" category. There are a lot of young people out there who are able to work but chose not to. It is fair enough if you have some sort of disability or medical condition.

For those on dole, it is not hard to apply for a job and go to an interview and stuff up the interview, and not get employed. Or just send out bogus job application every time. I know a family of dole bludgers, from the dad to the sons. The sons stay home all day does nothing. And tax payers like us are paying them to stay home and does nothing.

Happy2

Legend Member

Yes there are people out there who just dont want work. Though I believe it is a minority.
But the idea of making people work many miles from home in a trade/job they have
no training for or apptitude for is wrong.Heaven help you if you get a dentist who is trained to use a jackhammer.
Thing is I would want a person who wanted the job to work for me even if untrained.
Rather than someone forced to take it, even if capable of doing the job

Maxxy

Silver Member

Abbott is a knob gobbler in my view (how else did he get ears like that) - yes there are some that don't want to work but as others have said they are in the minority. Wasn't it his good mate Howard, when he was in power, that made it so that even those on invalid pensions had to work at least part time?

retrowolf

Horny Bugger
Gold Member

I do find it hard to find sympathy for the long term unemployed (especially in a state like WA where there genuinely are so many oportinunities) when I am paying more in tax each week that I do for rent and food combined. I don't work in a mine either, I get paid about $25 an hour, so to make any sort of money, I have to work 70 hour weeks which I do almost every week. To see so much of my hard earned go to paying wages for politicians and supporting those too lazy to get out of their own way, yes it does make me angry.

However, to make people move from where they live to find work? To leave their support network of family and friends? That's just downright heartless.

Fudd

Foundation Member

...just another example of the political mantra......"what do we have to say and do to get elected to government and, then, what do we have to say and do to remain in government".

Both of the major parties are just as short sighted, narrow minded and deviod of political fortitude as each other and the minor parties (and independents) are no better.

Fudd :)

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member

Hi Fudd,
LOL.......I so agree with you. I think we should discuss the concept of our so called democratic system at some stage........that would be fun.:thumbsup:

R.xxxxxxx

Tannerone

Gold Member

I remember Abbott saying "don't believe anything I say unless it is in writing". This really means that he should never be believed as you cannot say anything which is in writing, otherwise it should not be believed. Thus, all the speeches he reads out must, by his own definition, be false.

By this premise, he should not be in Parliament, let alone a Party Leader as nothing he says is to be believed, and what is the point of being there if he cannot speak ??? :ky:

T1

Fudd

Foundation Member

Hi Fudd,
LOL.......I so agree with you. I think we should discuss the concept of our so called democratic system at some stage........that would be fun.:thumbsup:

R.xxxxxxx

...only if a bottle of red is involved.....hahaha.... :)

Fudd

Foundation Member

I remember Abbott saying "don't believe anything I say unless it is in writing". This really means that he should never be believed as you cannot say anything which is in writing, otherwise it should not be believed. Thus, all the speeches he reads out must, by his own definition, be false.

By this premise, he should not be in Parliament, let alone a Party Leader as nothing he says is to be believed, and what is the point of being there if he cannot speak ??? :ky:

T1

.....and dont forget his "death stare".......hahaha, what a knob!

stevell

Silver Member

As someone on the disability pension,I'd give dickhead Tony abbot about an hour of my life,and he would change his mind,if he even has one.

B

BigBlackCock

I'm always a bit sceptical about the theory that people on the dole choose not to work because the dole pays them. The dole is a safety net but it has a whole lot of holes - it really doesn't make for a comfortable and affordable lifestyle.

Young people may get attracted to the dole but I think reality hits at some point when they realize there are many things they can't afford. Even when they club together to pool dole incomes.

I'm glad Alan Carpenter tackled the issue of people leaving school too early without skills and that's ensure young people are leaving school with more employable skills. Added to that - if you're willing to be skilled for work up north - or here in the 'burbs, the prospect of making very good money compared to most of our parents in their youth is attractive.

I gather these days also that you are required to attend a course of training when you're on the dole for a certain length of time. How effective that is, I'm not sure.

When you look at some of Tony Abbott's statements, it's apparent that the world is very much in black and white - with few shades of grey (except perhaps under his budgie smugglers).

Speaking of stupid things to say - wasn't it only a few months ago that our beloved Premier (at least for Sandgropers) said in Parliament that Perth doesn't need airconditioning when there were complaints about rising electricity rates?

C

chloejade

Lets keep Julia in and her new taxes, that'll pay for the education reform (building new classrooms for refugees) thats what Ive seen from the south side of perth, 6 new classrooms at my local school. And also free housing, uniforms and stationary, yes and those extra pencils and pencil cases you buy for your kids. Lets just keep them coming in and they'll own all the businesses (as they are wealthy buying their way out of their country) and then we dont need to worry about working cause they only employ their own.

jdog73

Foundation Member

Good stuff tony we have become a welfare state no one is talking about ppl who cant work due to mental or other reasons we have many who just cant be bothered happy to stay on bennifits and get homes west rents of like $90 a week about time someone sorted them out !!

fifoboy

Gold Member

.....and dont forget his "death stare".......hahaha, what a knob!

Mark Reilly needed more than a death stare, anyone from my Regiment would have torn his head off in that situation.

jdog73

Foundation Member

Mark Reilly is a worm most guys who are in the forces agreed abbot did nothing wrong send Reilly to afgan i say let him interview a few taliban goat shaggers !

C

chloejade

Mark Reilly needed more than a death stare, anyone from my Regiment would have torn his head off in that situation.
Who is Mark Reilly? Sorry for my ignorance I was in the airforce for many years and have no clue who he is?

Haste69

Gold Member

Well there you are Rochelle, a good cross-section of comment. But Julia is right - it all comes back to education. Good education and training will reward the community. People I know on the dole are required to make substantial attempts at job-hunting. But turned away 200 times (most with no response) has a severe effect on their attitude. You need to be able to speak well, look good and be super confident. And that all comes from education. Typical Tony - if someone can't defend himself - kick him harder. What a miserable bastard!

C

chloejade

Good stuff tony we have become a welfare state no one is talking about ppl who cant work due to mental or other reasons we have many who just cant be bothered happy to stay on bennifits and get homes west rents of like $90 a week about time someone sorted them out !!
Hey theres good money to be made out of these houses just ask the commisioners son for his special recipe.

jdog73

Foundation Member

Way i see it we need to change the system i personaly know ppl who call workplaces with no intension of getting a job they just want your details to say they have been looking for work and that stinks.Cut pollies pensions and travel perks clean up the dole cheats and stop the boats !

C

chloejade

Bring on the next election because the majority, thankfully does not sit here.

Fudd

Foundation Member

Mark Reilly is a worm most guys who are in the forces agreed abbot did nothing wrong send Reilly to afgan i say let him interview a few taliban goat shaggers !

...oh, I agree....Reilly is just another of those so called "journalists" who are driven by an editor's push to tell a story and to hell with the truth (oh, how Frontline sooooo got that right).

Anyway, Abbott was still a twit with that "cone of silence" approach....his actions (or lack thereof and his many other moronic gaffs) are supposed to inspire confidence in his leadership approach. He is supposed the "alternate" Prime Minister.....gawd help us.

C

chloejade

He works for seven, which also owns the west australian and today tonight, journalism my @$$. I was just referring to julias interview with howard sattler were she said the amount of GST we pay as west australians as controversial. In fact every question he asked her in regards to WA she answered as controversial. We pay more than every state. Should we have to do a big song and dance just to get in line with every other state. And what about the water crises in this state, should we not build a pipeline from the kimberleys to perth, and yes with all these extra refuges they can help build it. They want to live here and abused there keepers in xmas island to get here, surely they could lend a hand.

whilom

Whilom
Gold Member

...just another example of the political mantra......"what do we have to say and do to get elected to government and, then, what do we have to say and do to remain in government".

Both of the major parties are just as short sighted, narrow minded and deviod of political fortitude as each other and the minor parties (and independents) are no better.

Absolutely correct Fudd.

No politician currently serving has Australia and it's people as a priority.
It's all about getting elected or retaining power.

All this will change when Bob Brown takes over as PM on 01 July.
Greens will hold the Balance of Power in the Senate.
They now have an elected lower house member that can introduce their bills and who is vital to Julia retaining government.
The independants that have sacrificed their so called integrity for their 10 minutes of fame will become irrelevant.

If you think Tony is bad, wait with bated breath and watch things get worse from July one.

My beef is the cost of illegals and dole bludgers.
I am of the opinion that the maximum welfare payment (including add on allowances) should be equal to or less than the pittance that our pensioners (and former tax payers) are paid. After all it is sufficient to live a life of luxury so why pay others more.

I presume that somwhere we have a list of applicants that wish to migrate to Australia. I would suggest that it would be fairer to every one if the illegals were added to the bottom of that list on arrival and detained until they reached the top of the list.

I had a thought about the proposal to set up a detention centre in Northam.
The country boys are pretty resourcefull and they need to do is spread pig offal and blood throughout the complex and photograph the result. Then send the photos to the good old Page one reporter on the West.
A really clear photo of a pigs head on a doorstep would work wonders.

Thats my rant
Where is Pauline when we need her.

E

erob473

He works for seven, which also owns the west australian and today tonight, journalism my @$$. I was just referring to julias interview with howard sattler were she said the amount of GST we pay as west australians as controversial. In fact every question he asked her in regards to WA she answered as controversial. We pay more than every state. Should we have to do a big song and dance just to get in line with every other state. And what about the water crises in this state, should we not build a pipeline from the kimberleys to perth, and yes with all these extra refuges they can help build it. They want to live here and abused there keepers in xmas island to get here, surely they could lend a hand.

Hey Chloe, right on, one of my favorite emails atm, see below -

SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY

YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU SAIL ILLEGALLY INTO AUSTRALIA YOU GET !!!

A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE,

SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE,

CREDIT CARDS,

SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,

FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTH CARE,

BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU

PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION !!!

PLEASE KEEP !!! THIS GOING......FORWARD TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY

IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP AUSTRALIA !!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy2

Legend Member

One of the few things going for Julia is Tony Abbott. There are many conservative
people out there, but Tony as PM frightens them. The ploy to try and get big Joe Hockey in as leader well and truly backfired.
As they say The only problem with a political joke is they normally get elected
And as for the shadow PM in Bob Brown Well his only claim to fame is that he was the
intern who told the media that Jimi Hendrix was dead At the pommie hospital at which
he worked

deletethisaccount

Bronze Member

I'll tell you what I hate about Centrelink... (off subject I know) I need to rant ok!!!

I am unable to receive ANY government assistance as I am only 18. I am unemployed and 18 yet they STILL go off my parents income... Until i'm 21 I've been told. So basically when I start studying full time (Later this year) I will have no way of supporting myself and a mounting $60,000 HEX. Yes, that what it costs to study medicine at UNI SA ... And that's JUST the course. Depressing.

Tannerone

Gold Member

I'll tell you what I hate about Centrelink... (off subject I know) I need to rant ok!!!

I am unable to receive ANY government assistance as I am only 18. I am unemployed and 18 yet they STILL go off my parents income... Until i'm 21 I've been told. So basically when I start studying full time (Later this year) I will have no way of supporting myself and a mounting $60,000 HEX. Yes, that what it costs to study medicine at UNI SA ... And that's JUST the course. Depressing.

Why not enigrate (legally) to Afghanistan, or similar, then come back as an illegal immigrant. That way you will get all of the benefits as you are over 18!!! :eek:ccasion14

T1