Rochelle's Interesting Topic Thread

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Re: The Voice......

Yep, love Delta but I am over talent quests and cooking shows so it is a thumbs down from me.

Yes I also have an unmeasurable gentleman's attraction to Delta.

I'm sure if Einstein was around now he would put Delta and Paris Hilton on opposite ends of his relativity theory. Lol

Happy2

Legend Member

Yes I also have an unmeasurable attraction to Delta.

I'm sure if Einstein was around now he would put Delta and Paris Hilton on opposite ends of his relativity theory. Lol

Yoda did you mean the scale of Relativity or the scale of Relevance?

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member

Yoda did you mean the scale of Relativity or the scale of Relevance?

Hahahahaha. Nice one......

Feels a bit mean to talk of Paris like that. But would enjoy a night with both these ladies. Although they would be very different type of nights ;)

Mile High

Silver Member
Re: Socccccccccceeeeeerrrrrrrrr

The A league is certainly third rate.

What got me with the penalty decision was that the referee indicated 4 minutes of added time. This time was up but because Brisbane were in possession in the attacking third he allowed play to continue and gave the penalty for that 'air shot' after four and a half minutes of added time. Obviously his girlfriend being a Brisbane Roar official has nothing to do with it:la:.

Buzz

Foundation Member

I think its a fantastic result for the game. Ref that has links to the team, Non video replay, blatent diving and theatrix that makes WAPA look second rate, players who get a tap on the leg and go down screaming.. and there recovered soon as they have earned a penalty .
Good game in its concept. But after the italian took a dive against Aust in the previous world cup I cant stand the game.
NOW, wheres my fremantle gurnsey

T

teddEbear

Feels a bit mean to talk of Paris like that. But would enjoy a night with both these ladies. Although they would be very different type of nights ;)

Lol! Ain't that the truth. I like the judges better than their channel 7 counterparts and at least every contestant is pretty decent. I hate how on aus idol they always have terrible performers. Kinda wish reality tv would just go away really.....except for beauty and the geek..... That program always makes me laugh. :)

B

Beyond

Really enjoy it but once they pic there teams it seems they go back to usual x factor

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member

point taken, Buzz, but even after so many years over here I have to admit that somehow my European heritage is still present otherwise the ref decision and the whole "klimbim" about it would not have gotten me up the wall. Never mind what class soccer.....a dodgy ref decision sucks!

R.xxxxxxxx

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Mr. Matthew Newton

Maybe somebody on the forum can explain to me.......what is the attraction with M.Newton? Somehow he manages to be in the news headlines for the last 2 weeks. I mean......there are most likely more important things to report than him assaulting (again) some poor soul who just happened to be there. I think what M.Newton needs right now is serious help rather than front page appearance and besides.......when I watch the news I do expect a bit more than reports and up dates on his latest public disasters.

R.xxxxxxx

Happy2

Legend Member
Re: Mr. Matthew Newton

One thing that gets me is Newton was on medication And stated himself that he did not take it because it interfered with his creative/artistic
process
Now they are saying if he has a mental problem the authorities can forgo criminal charges if he under goes therapy
I am sure he will humbly offer himself up for treatment and to never forgo meds again Well til he is back home Or whenever it is that his lawyers say he is safe again

But even worse it shows how poor the journalism of today has become Or maybe worse how low the intellect of the viewer is becoming

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member

If he has a history of mental illness and admits not taking his medicine like a good boy should, then I find he should be more accountable.
I`m not going to say mental illness does not exist but it seems everybody wants to use it as an excuse once the shit starts to hit the fan.

Fudd

Foundation Member

...But even worse it shows how poor the journalism of today has become Or maybe worse how low the intellect of the viewer is becoming.

....in my opinion, it's a combination of both and, when combined, it is called "advertising revenue". The bottom line is that the news (as labelled by the commercial stations) is all about grabbing the viewer with whatever it takes so as to bolster their Nielsen Ratings. Hell, there have been "news" stories that had bugger all to do with the truth or what really happened. Frankly journalism in this country is no better than politics......both are a joke!

Demon

Legend Member

Fudd, I know journalism is bad in this country (and many others), but had not realised how bad it had got, until you said it was no better than politics. When did journalism sink that low? A joke? Surely, you jest.

T

Tania Admin

One thing that gets me is Newton was on medication And stated himself that he did not take it because it interfered with his creative/artistic
process
Now they are saying if he has a mental problem the authorities can forgo criminal charges if he under goes therapy
I am sure he will humbly offer himself up for treatment and to never forgo meds again Well til he is back home Or whenever it is that his lawyers say he is safe again

But even worse it shows how poor the journalism of today has become Or maybe worse how low the intellect of the viewer is becoming

A member of my family suffered from mental illness and would not take their medication, eventually there was a court order made and they had to be drug tested every week to make sure they were taking it,,,I wonder if courts still do this,,it was 16 years ago when this court order was made..

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Carolina

Sinceramente, pessoas como ele que fazem polemica e sao grosseiros ... sao os que mais atraem atencao do publico.

svengali

Foundation Member

If he wasn't the son of Australian T.V. "Royalty" he wouldn't rate page 3 in a free local rag. As for "kick-starting his acting career" in the States, I wasn't aware he had any sort of acting career happening here, apart from beating up a couple of soapie stars. With a criminal conviction he won't even get a visa to return to the States any time soon if ever so that is the end of that option.

Best he can manage would probably be to sort himself out and get a low-profile job to stay alive until Bert and Pattie cark it then he can live on his inheritance.

Temptations

Silver Member

I watched the first programme but it seemed to go on forever...I have only seen a few snippets of it since and I don't like it at all. The judges seem completely full of themselves and the contestants could be on X Factor or any other such nonsense. I don't like any of these "reality" music shows. They expolit the "artists" then usually drop them like a stone after they have released 1 album which normally doesn't do very well because when the programme finishes no-one really cares about the material that they bring out. At the end of the day the only people who really benefit from programmes like this are the music executives who are laughing all the way to the bank.

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Olympic uniform or school uniform?

It happened that I watched the news this morning when they introduced the new Olympic uniforms for the Australian athletes. Did somebody else see it? I must have missed something or do they (the uniforms) look rather a bit out of a high school soap opera?
Hmmmmmm I think they could have come up with something a bit more modern, fashionable, less conservative and maybe a bit more colourful? I know it is all about representing Australia but they definitely can do that in a less boring outfit.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Good to be vegetarian......

They call it meat glue and until a couple of days ago I didn't even know about it. Meat glue is very fine powder made from animal parts. It binds meat pieces (no taste, no colour) into a rather acceptable piece of steak or a chicken breast. The process seems very easy, very cheap with maximal profit.

Step 1 choose the leftover meat pieces (can be from different animals) which usually would most likely end up in the bin,

Step 2 powder some "glu" on top (only a little bit needed) and mix it nicely with the meat,

Step 3 roll them in glad wrap and create the desired form (chicken breast, steak.......pork knuckles......the possibilities are unlimited if you should have an arty inclination.

Step 4 leave in the fridge for 4 hours to settle,

Step 5 the former leftover pieces look now like prime quality meat........so you might as well sell it for a high quality price.

Apparently the so called glu is not on the forbidden list in Australia and nobody really knows how widely distributed it is in meat processing community. (hmmmmmm what does real meat actually taste like?)

Unfortunately they can do it with seafood as well.........SIGH..........

R.xxxxxxxxxxxx

T

Tania Admin

Re: Good to be vegetarian......

I'm glad I buy my steak bulk in slabs and cut it myself,,meat glue sounds sooooo gross,,I usually by my fish whole, though our desired seafood is prawns,,,Hope that keeps me safe from what sounds like really yucky stuff.. :puke:

svengali

Foundation Member
Last edited by a moderator:

homer

Doh!
Legend Member

No wonder steak aint steak, chicken tastes funny, seafood you need to see the food...you got a piece of prawn hanging there...

Happy2

Legend Member
Re: Olympic uniform or school uniform?

Who watched that ABC program prior to the 200 olympics the games? With that brilliantKiwi comedian/satarist John Clark

he designed the Australian shirt Which read in Huge green letters on a gold shirt STRAYA just like so many TV sports callers etc love to
call this nation when broadcasting

Happy2

Legend Member

svengali sounds like you should eat at the old Pub in Adelaide on the West side of their square mile They have a big banner out the front
balcony "The worst vegetarian restaurant in the city But damn good Steaks"

J

JasRob

That sounds gross really. I usually buy our food and make sure it is safe and clean. And we almost always cook at home we seldom eat outside