Real life v Online

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Why is it that people take what is said online more to heart than the same thing said face to face, why does the written online word do more damage than the voiced one....

How can you let slide a joke that is said over a coffee but the same joke said online its battle stations...

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Imo people tend to talk more crap or be more nasty on line than face to face. Online they can hide behind their keyboard say what they want no fear of being smacked in the face but in person well different matter. I like a person who has the balls to say the same thing to your face as they do sitting behind a keyboard phone etc. But this is just me I never say anything online that I would not say to a person's face. The tone of a conversation can't been seen or heard online hence why a lot a drama. Facebook is the worst for such behavior. Then you have people who like to wield power and don't care what is said twist things to suit them or make themselves look better or ones where there is no black and white. My grandmother was like that it could be their in writing but no they where wrong and she was right. Life is full of ups and downs not everyone is going to like you so just smile turn the other cheek. Thought provoking post Phoebe

Happy2

Legend Member
Having met Miss M for coffee I will say I have to agree the lady here is the one you meet in the flesh
I wonder how many of us can say the same thing ?

As online v face to face People dont blather on as much face to face Though that's because you can physically see the person you're conversing with , and maybe defence mechanisms kick in ?

Though I think I was freer (?) when first talking to His XLNC in person than online as he could not see all my gramma oopsies

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
The real wolves can ditch the sheep skins when they go online. Say whatever they want and judge people harshly based on BS. So take to heart that, what's been said and posted online are just flatulence that dissipates overtime. Try to pump some sense into oneself, call it BS when one sees it. Don't stoop as low as the poster of BS. It's not worth it.

In real life, you are not telling a joke to millions of people, when online you are, well depending on the number of friends you have. I can tell you i don't have many. I don't need many online friends.

Judge and be judged, is all i can say.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Though I think I was freer (?) when first talking to His XLNC in person than online as he could not see all my gramma oopsies
In that case, next time we'll have to text each other while seated at the same (vegetable-free) table, Gen Y style. (Or is that Gen Z now?)

The pseudo-anonymity of the Internet also gives cowardly little napoleons like me greater scope to poke big lugs in the eye.

Happy2

Legend Member
In that case, next time we'll have to text each other while seated at the same (vegetable-free) table, Gen Y style. (Or is that Gen Z now?)

The pseudo-anonymity of the Internet also gives cowardly little napoleons like me greater scope to poke big lugs in the eye.
Best thing is we forget our differences on the net Because we are both sinking the slipper into Fee Bee
So it's a force for good at times :D

Phoebe

Legend Member
Best thing is we forget our differences on the net Because we are both sinking the slipper into Fee Bee
So it's a force for good at times :D

Why sink slippers into me what have I done? and no slippers please stilettos only...and I mean the footwear not the dagger kind... ;)

Happy2

Legend Member
Why sink slippers into me what have I done? and no slippers please stilettos only...and I mean the footwear not the dagger kind... ;)
We sink the slipper into you Phee bee because we luvs ya
If we didn't it would be the steel cap blundstones

Phoebe

Legend Member
Blundstones... sorry if you want use steel caps use Red-Wings for god sake.... "Made in America"

Now there is an idea.. a steel toe capped Stiletto. :)

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Haven't you heard, Feebs into BDSM...steel cap may just be what the BDSM mistress ordered.:eek::D

1Chat

Why is it that people take what is said online more to heart than the same thing said face to face, why does the written online word do more damage than the voiced one....

I remember when I was in school, I learnt about intonation, pitch speed volume & facial expressions. These are all accents to how we speak. When someone reads words its missing all of these things, so the way they interpret it is down to their emotional well being, their stress levels, anxiety..etc.

so

"HOW ARE YOU"

and

"How are you"

are the same but is the limitation of written accent....one shouting, one open to your interpretation..lol

BTW this is in my opinion.

How can you let slide a joke that is said over a coffee but the same joke said online its battle stations...

I remember when I was in school, I learnt about intonation, pitch speed volume & facial expressions. These are all accents to how we speak. When someone reads words its missing all of these things, so the way they interpret it is down to their emotional well being, their stress levels, anxiety..etc.
so
"HOW ARE YOU"
and
"How are you"
are the same but is the limitation of written accent....one shouting, one open to your interpretation..lol

Happy2

Legend Member
so
"HOW ARE YOU"
and
"How are you"
That is why, when writing it's important to use gooderer English and to be descriptive
Thats where I find it strange so many use abbreviations to write a post , when its actually reducing the ability to express So now have to add emojiwhatsits to convey what they cant say with the written word

1Chat

That is why, when writing it's important to use gooderer English and to be descriptive
Thats where I find it strange so many use abbreviations to write a post , when its actually reducing the ability to express So now have to add emojiwhatsits to convey what they cant say with the written word
I agree %......conversation goes if theres no or , can become

1Chat

and just like my last post, when the emoticons don't show up, the conversation doesn't make any sense at all...what a strange world!