POLL: Mary-Anne First Poll

Which is the correct spelling for the pasta?

• gnocci

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Gnocchi

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Nokia

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Being the internet genius that I am I have had assistance getting polls back on air.
Thanks Lone Road and Angelica, lets see if the members will get behind and support this poll by clicking your choice.
What is the correct spelling of Italian Potato Pasta?

Last edited:
N

Naughty Thoughts

Well, a google search for gnocci comes back with ~139,000 results, whilst Gnocchi comes back with ~3,450,000 results.

Google fight comes back with some interesting results.

M

Mary Anne PA

alright I am going to give a little elsson on pronunciation that might help...

gnocchi is pronounced.... knockie, saying the kn like you would knew and the ockie like ohkey

Italian words that have ci together is pronounced chi
italian words with chi together is pronounced ki (key)

now what would that ascertain.. lol?

aussielids

Silver Member
That would ascertain that a whole heap of "Italian" restaurants in Perth spell gnocchi wrong, or is gnocci right...?

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I think you will find the first two both right, depending on what part of the world you are in.
I just wanted a post that the newer shyer members could feel part of by polling instead of posting.
By the way the third option is often correct when one has had too much good Italian wine and tucker.
Keep on polling members and love to see some more posts with polls, I think any one can make them on this board now, not sure about the other boards yet.

stonebudda

Foundation Member
just to be pedantic gnocchi is not a pasta... its made from potato.. and is actually a dumpling...

D

darksecret23

when my family and I eat out and there is Gnocchi on the menu, my sister pronounce's it phonetically.. like "G-n-yo(t)-ch-ee"

I pronounce it as "n-yocky" and spell as gnocchi

hope it helps ^.-

Status
Not open for further replies.