Oldest post first or new post first

What do new members prefer when viewing the forum?

• Total voters

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I changed the general option for new members to newest post first.
I ama setting a poll to get the members vote.
You can overide this by going to options.Near the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
H

HouseOfCourtney

Hi Maryanne,

I personally think it is more logical to read oldest to newest as you read down the page. Having said that, as long as new participants are informed as to which way to read posts it shouldn't make that much difference.

Cheers

Andy

D

~Dragons_Princess~

Oldest to newest for me as well, if it's a long thread when you first open it then you would have to scroll to the end and read backwards each timeto make sense out of it

S

Stonedmac

I guess it will take a while to get used to how each forum works. My choice is newest first. Then I can get a feel for what the topic is about and go deeper into it if I want some background

marstafit1

For Precious Ladies
Bronze Member
MA, I'd vote for oldest to newest. Then its clear whether i need to read on.

S

sextoon

i vote for oldest to newest ..its like we read a book or a paragraph..question is always first then answers/replies.

fifoboy

Gold Member
I've never been on a newest post first forum. I like it how it is, we have the go to first unread post buttons.

S

sextoon

I've never been on a newest post first forum. I like it how it is, we have the go to first unread post buttons.

fifoboy,

this forum display the newest post the top when you are in "linear mode". check yourself by try switiching to linear thread mode

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Members can change their option by going to user cp top left hand cnr next to home page on the orange bar.
Go to options
Go to the bottom
you will see Thread Display Options
Go to linear display and this gives the individual the choice of display.