• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Nothing like decency is there?

S

suzythefloozy

This is the same guy who, when pleading for leniency in court, said to the judge that he had "acute vagina" when he meant acute "angina".

Boss fined for sacking cancer sufferer
The West Australian
KIM MACDONALD The West AustralianMarch 5, 2014, 2:50 am

414624023-19hc2mg.jpg
The West Australian
A Perth panel beater who was central to a corruption scandal involving a former WA minister has been fined more than $40,000 for sacking an employee who had incurable cancer.

The Federal Court blasted Pasquale Minniti for dismissing a terminally ill spray painter from his Bayswater business Hi Lite Smash Repairs in early 2011 in a bid to avoid covering the man's sick leave.

The $41,500 fine, which is split between Minniti and his company AJR Nominees, concerns four breaches of industrial law.

It adds to the $15,000 compensation he was ordered to pay the employee John Bill last year.

The Fair Work Ombudsman prosecuted Minniti in 2012 after Mr Bill complained his boss was verbally abusing him and pressuring him to quit.

Judge John Gilmour noted in his written judgment that Minniti subjected Mr Bill to six weeks of pressure shortly after his diagnosis with blood cancer.

"Minniti wanted to make it look as though Bill had resigned in order to avoid paying him his accumulated personal leave," the court said.

Judge Gilmour wrote that at one stage Minniti accused Mr Bill of "making up his illness and then not only told him to leave, but threatened to physically throw him off the premises".

Mr Bill had accrued about 500 hours of sick leave worth more than $10,000 during nine years on the job.

The judge noted that Minniti's case had been based on "manufactured evidence" and he had not shown remorse until after the initial trial. However, it noted he had since expressed contrition and had been seeking therapy.

Fair Work Ombudsman Natalie James said Minniti's conduct was appalling.

Minniti gained notoriety in 2006 when he was secretly filmed by the Corruption and Crime Commission meeting the late minister John D'Orazio.

The CCC was investigating allegations he was able to have speeding tickets cancelled for his friends. He spent nine months in jail.

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I didn't know Sick leave can be accrued. Doesn't it apply to annual leave only?

That is pretty dodgy practice by an employer. I'd sue him for every cent he has.

S

suzythefloozy

If the cancer was incurable homer, would you really want to waste every living moment or even a part of it engaging a lawyer to fight a peabrain?

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
If the cancer was incurable homer, would you really want to waste every living moment or even a part of it engaging a lawyer to fight a peabrain?

While that is true, but if unfairness is done unto me, I'd go down fighting even after I went 6ft under. But that's just me. Besides the outcome can be rewarding for the remaining members of that person's family.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Holy geezus this post is over 3 yrs old ...business must b very quiet in Langtrees on a sunday morning

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Holy geezus this post is over 3 yrs old ...business must b very quiet in Langtrees on a sunday morning

Didn't you drop by for you normal 12 hour Saturday night of filth? Hey Bepp?? No wonder they on TS at 2:10am.... Lift ya game..... Buddy...