• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Shae Demasi

VIP Companion
Legend Member
Hi,

Well I enjoyed myself so much on my first visit to Darwin that I'm coming back on the 17th March for 5 days!!

This time I will make it a priority to look around and take in the " Must See Places " Darwin has to offer and who better to ask then the locals themselves :).

Hope to hear from you soon.

CJ xx

Cedricseducer

Silver Member
Cant go past Litchfield, short drive from Darwin and has most of the scenery you would see in the Territory

Ryan D

Langtrees IT
Gold Member
The best event in the world is to have a beautiful and elegant lady as your companionship.

Keep an eye to Langtrees.com always, constantly and frequently. We will have surprise for you.

Don't miss out gents ;)

Last edited:

Dakota Cameron

Gold Member
Darwin is named after an English Naturalist - Charles Darwin. Darwin supposadly bought a tortoise over from the Glapagos islands, named her Harriet and it is believed she was approximatly 175 years old when she died, can you even imagine living that long?

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
I think it was Charles Darwin's friend that sailed into Darwin and named the town after him. I don't think Charles Darwin ever came to Darwin.

Need a local to update us.

Dakota Cameron

Gold Member
His ship mate decided to name Darwin after Charles Darwin he sailed with him on a previous journey that did not lead them here. You are right Mary Anne, he did not go on the second voyage which means he did not come to Darwin, but it is interesting to learn about the man the town was named after

I think i will put Kate and Kelly-Anne to the test today and see what they know about their home town

Jayne Darwin

Silver Member
Well ill be!!!! 30 years in the NT and you just educated me on my home town. Dakota your more than a pretty face xx

Dakota Cameron

Gold Member
Off today to the bookshop in town (it's a second hand one so I'll post the name up after I've been in case anyone is interested in reading when they visit Darwin) in search of a book about Charles Darwin's ape theory. Should keep me occupied. :)

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member

Claire M

Bronze Member
Good Evening All ;)
It has come to my attention recently just how much clothes (including various under garments) the ladies have to procure for the work you do... Firstly I will state that, I'm amazed at how well presented all the lovely ladies are here in Darwin at the Chill Out Lounge :) ... Albeit, we are a more relaxed atmosphere (classy tropical resort wearup here ...) I see (& hear) just how much reinvesting of hard earned dollars goes into maintaining your "looks"... Rather than always going for the "top shelf" options... There are many alternatives...
Here are just a few ideas... And if anyone can add to this list, please do :))
1. Hunt around your city, there's always op shops or second hand (designer options)... Here in Darwin I would recommend the Vinnies Op Shop in Winnellie, they are famous for grabbing designer outfits.... Also in the Metro Arcade we have Love Thy Label ....
2. Don't be afraid to shop online... Tips for this... Go to a tailer or seamstress & get properly measured (knowing your true size can save you heaps in the long run...
3. Steer clear of online cheap sites... (if it's too good to be true - it usually is a waste of $$$)...
4. There is an AMAZING online site called "buyinvite"... you do have to join (is free to sign up)... but it is a reputable online clearance site for designer labels... example: a Gucci leather dress was on recently from ($3,000) reduced in clearance to $300!!!!!)
I have to live on a beer budget but still enjoy the "trimmings" of a champagne lifestyle
Happy hunting (& saving) girls

Jayne Darwin

Silver Member
This content has been taken from www.bom.com.au

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology Northern Territory Tropical Cyclone Warning Centre

Media: The Standard Emergency Warning Signal should NOT be used with this warning.

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING

TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 13
Issued at 1:45 pm ACST [12:15 pm AWST] on Sunday 05 March 2017

Headline:
Tropical Cyclone Blanche continues to move southwest, parallel to the coast.

Areas Affected:
Warning Zone
Mitchell Plateau to Cape Hotham, including Darwin and Wadeye.

Watch Zone
Cockatoo Island to Mitchell Plateau

Cancelled Zone
Cape Don to Cape Fourcroy and Point Stuart to Cape Hotham.

Details of Tropical Cyclone Blanche at 12:30 pm ACST [11:00 am AWST]:
Intensity: Category 1, sustained winds near the centre of 65 kilometres per hour with wind gusts to 95 kilometres per hour.

Location: within 55 kilometres of 12.0 degrees South 130.0 degrees East, estimated to be 105 kilometres west northwest of Darwin and 255 kilometres north northeast of Wadeye.

Movement: southwest at 14 kilometres per hour.

Tropical Cyclone Blanch is south of the Tiwi Islands and is expected to continue tracking to the southwest, parallel to the coast, and intensify further, crossing the north Kimberley coast later on Monday as a Category 2 system.

Hazards:
GALES may develop between Cape Hotham and Daly River Mouth, including Darwin from this afternoon, and extend along the west coast of the Northern Territory, including Wadeye (Port Keats), and west to Mitchell Plateau in Western Australia early on Monday.

GALES may develop between Mitchell Plateau and Cockatoo Island in Western Australia late on Monday or Tuesday morning.

Tides will be HIGHER THAN NORMAL between Cape Hotham in the NT and Kuri Bay in WA today and Monday. Large waves may produce MINOR FLOODING of low-lying coastal areas.

HEAVY RAIN and SQUALLS are likely to continue over the Tiwi Islands and western Top End and extending to the Kimberley region tonight or Monday.

DAMAGING WIND GUSTS are possible in squally showers and storms across the western Top End during the next day or two.

Recommended Action:
NTES advises residents from Cape Hotham to Daly River Mouth, including Darwin:

- Take shelter as condition deteriorate

- Consider your need to travel

- Avoid driving into flooded crossings

- Be alert for localised flooding and move away from flood waters if necessary

NTES advises residents from Daly River Mouth to Wadeye, including Wadeye:

- Make final preparations to home shelter and take shelter as gales arrive

- Do not move to public shelters or strong buildings until advised by authorities

NTES advises residents from Wadeye to the NT/WA border:

- Your emergency kit should now be complete and ready

- Finalise home shelter preparations, or know now where you will shelter

- Do not move to shelter until advised by local authorities

NTES advises residents of the Tiwi Islands:

- It is safe to move outside

- Before moving around ensure you are wearing strong clothing and footwear

- Beware any debris and fallen power lines

- Follow directions of local authorities

DFES State Emergency Service (SES) advises of the following community alerts:

BLUE ALERT: People between WA/NT border to Kuri Bay, including Wyndham, Kununurra and Kalumburu need to prepare for cyclonic weather and organise an emergency kit including first aid kit, torch, portable radio, spare batteries, food and water.

Further advice on cyclone emergencies is available at www.securent.nt.gov.au

For WA residents, Cyclone advices and DFES Alerts are available by dialling 13 DFES (13 3337) or by visiting www.emergency.wa.gov.au

Please ensure that friends, family and neighbours have heard and understood this message, particularly new arrivals to the area.

Next Advice:
The next advice will be issued by 5:00 pm ACST Sunday 05 March [3:30 pm AWST Sunday 05 March].

This advice is available on telephone NT-1300 659 211 and WA-1300 659 210

A map showing the track of the cyclone is available at: http://www.bom.gov.au/cyclone

Tracking Map Prediction;

IDD65001.png

The difference between Cyclone Watch and Cyclone Warning;
Tropical cyclone watch - Issued if a cyclone is expected to affect coastal communities within 48 hours, but not expected within 24 hours.
Tropical cyclone warning - Issued if a cyclone is affecting or is expected to affect coastal communities within 24 hours.

Jayne Darwin

Silver Member
Hi,

Well I enjoyed myself so much on my first visit to Darwin that I'm coming back on the 17th March for 5 days!!

This time I will make it a priority to look around and take in the " Must See Places " Darwin has to offer and who better to ask then the locals themselves :).

Hope to hear from you soon.

CJ xx
CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN XXXX

Jayne Darwin

Silver Member
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Northern Territory
Tropical Cyclone Warning Centre

Media: The Standard Emergency Warning Signal should NOT be used with this warning.

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING

TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 14
Issued at 4:42 pm ACST [3:12 pm AWST] on Sunday 05 March 2017

Headline:
Tropical Cyclone Blanche is west of Darwin and continues to move southwest through the Timor Sea.

Areas Affected:
Warning Zone
Mitchell Plateau to Dundee Beach, inculding Wadeye.

Watch Zone
Cockatoo Island to Mitchell Plateau

Cancelled Zone
Dundee Beach to Point Stuart, including Darwin.

Details of Tropical Cyclone Blanche at 3:30 pm ACST [2:00 pm AWST]:
Intensity: Category 1, sustained winds near the centre of 75 kilometres per hour with wind gusts to 100 kilometres per hour.

Location: within 55 kilometres of 12.2 degrees South 129.7 degrees East, estimated to be 130 kilometres west of Darwin and 230 kilometres north of Wadeye.

Movement: west southwest at 12 kilometres per hour.

Tropical Cyclone Blanch is west of Darwin and is expected to continue tracking to the southwest, and intensify further, crossing the north Kimberley coast later on Monday as a Category 2 system.

Hazards:
GALES with gusts to 110 kilometres per hour may develop between Dundee Beach and Wadeye from Sunday evening, and extend along the west coast of the Northern Territory overnight Sunday and west to Mitchell Plateau in Western Australia early on Monday morning.

GALES may develop between Mitchell Plateau and Cockatoo Island in Western Australia late on Monday or Tuesday morning.

Tides will be HIGHER THAN NORMAL between Dundee Beach in the NT and Kuri Bay in WA today and Monday. Large waves may produce MINOR FLOODING of low-lying coastal areas.

HEAVY RAIN and SQUALLS are likely to continue over the Tiwi Islands and western Top End and extending to the Kimberley region tonight or Monday.

DAMAGING WIND GUSTS are possible in squally showers and storms across the western Top End during the next day or two.

Recommended Action:
NTES advises residents from Dundee Beach to Wadeye:

- Take shelter as conditions deteriorate

- Consider your need to travel

- Avoid driving into flooded crossings

- Be alert for localised flooding and move away from flood waters if necessary

NTES advises residents from Wadeye to the NT/WA border:

- Make final preparations and take shelter as gales arrive

- Do not move to public shelters or strong buildings until advised by authorities

NTES advises residents of the Greater Darwin Area:

- It is safe to move outside

- Drive to the conditions, do not enter flooded crossings or waterways

- Beware any debris and fallen power lines

- Follow directions of local authorities

DFES State Emergency Service (SES) advises of the following community alerts:

BLUE ALERT: People between WA/NT border to Kuri Bay, including Wyndham, Kununurra and Kalumburu need to prepare for cyclonic weather and organise an emergency kit including first aid kit, torch, portable radio, spare batteries, food and water.

Further advice on cyclone emergencies is available at www.securent.nt.gov.au

For WA residents, Cyclone advices and DFES Alerts are available by dialling 13 DFES (13 3337) or by visiting www.emergency.wa.gov.au

Please ensure that friends, family and neighbours have heard and understood this message, particularly new arrivals to the area.

Next Advice:
The next advice will be issued by 8:00 pm ACST Sunday 05 March [6:30 pm AWST Sunday 05 March].

This advice is available on telephone NT-1300 659 211 and WA-1300 659 210