• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Madam is not for changing Canberra's prostitution laws
LI-art-wd-brothels-20140320203751239820-620x349.jpg

Mary-Anne Kenworthy, sitting in the Arabian Nights room at Langtrees, is Australia's most experienced brothel madam. Photo: Rohan Thomson

High demand in Canberra's ''fly-in fly-out'' sex industry proves the territory's prostitution laws should not be tampered with.

That is the message from Australia's most experienced brothel madam, Mary-Anne Kenworthy, who will open a new branch of her popular Langtrees brothel next week in Mitchell.

Ms Kenworthy said a study tour of the sex industries in France, Sweden and South Korea by Canberra Liberals Giulia Jones and Vicki Dunne was misguided.

''These ladies are chasing a dead cat up a dead tree,'' she said.

The 30-year industry veteran praised the ACT's laws on prostitution but called for better enforcement of health and safety regulations and further assistance for women to leave sex work.

She said demand continued to outstrip supply in the local sex industry, which resulted in as many as 20 women flying to Canberra each week to provide sexual services.

''When you decriminalise something, you say it was never illegal,'' she said. ''You can't then turn around and say we'll make paying for sex illegal. They are wasting taxpayers' money with no understanding of the sex industry.''

The new Mitchell brothel will feature seven luxury theme rooms, including Arabian Nights and Fantasia decor, as well as a cocktail bar and ''AAA service''. There will be six women available on weeknights and as many as 12 at the weekend.

''I work in Perth with probably about 65 ladies a week, and 80 per cent of those are fly-in, fly-out,'' Ms Kenworthy said. ''We'll have a lot of our Perth clientele who come to Canberra to work with government come and see us. I understand business is a lot more quiet when Parliament is not sitting.''

Promising a complete guide to the sex industry, Ms Kenworthy called on parliamentarians to visit local brothels before travelling to Europe or Asia.

Australian National University law lecturer Wayne Morgan said so-called Nordic model laws have not improved conditions for sex workers.

''Certainly having a model where the clients are criminalised is better than where the sex workers are criminalised themselves,'' he said. ''However, what the focus of all law reform in this area should really be is on the welfare of sex workers.

''If anything, the Nordic laws impact negatively on the welfare of sex workers.''

Mr Morgan said aspects of sex work are driven underground, meaning proper regulation and protections are impossible.

''It also means if a sex worker is actually harmed by a client or experiences violence from a client, they are reluctant to go to police.''

Link not working so taken down

Last edited by a moderator:

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Our Madam-in-Chief Mary-Anne being interviewed by Tom McIlroy from the Canberra Times about the Langtrees of Canberra grand opening, and the current ACT legislative environment...

10013711_758019620875948_1977667233_n.jpg

Reactions: Dez

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
Being a Celebrity like Maryanne she's Bound to make Headlines All the Time..............:joyful:

svengali

Foundation Member
Good on you Mary-Anne.

Someone needs to stand up to the God-bothering wowsers who get far more ink and T.V. time than their numbers justify. If Politicians want to extend their laws into the bedrooms and bordellos they owe it to all of us to at least get their facts straight instead of spewing back nonsense reflecting the prejudiced attitudes which were fed to them by churchmen when they were kids.

I can't think of a better spokesperson for the industry. It is just a pity a few more owners and ladies don't "break cover" and join in.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Great.........Mary-Anne is taking Canberra by storm...........

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Our Madam-in-Chief Mary-Anne being interviewed by Tom McIlroy from the Canberra Times about the Langtrees of Canberra grand opening, and the current ACT legislative environment...

10013711_758019620875948_1977667233_n.jpg
I love this photo..... It has a lot of mystery but yet full of elegance .......
:):):):):):)

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy I do agree, its a great photo, the image itself has light coming from the window and hitting Mak hence Mak shadow. Mak hand is open, but her attention is towards the men, the men are standing with Mak sitting down, in a traditional sense you would think they are dominating the picture but they are not. The main guy hand is open as well as Mak, hence you get the feel of a warm handshake coming.The secondary guy looks like he is in the total admiration of Mak.
Mak looks great in this picture, strong, friendly, elegant, approachable, professional mature woman.
Well done to the photographer

I love this photo..... It has a lot of mystery but yet full of elegance .......
:):):):):):)

Purple Haze

Purple Haze
Silver Member
Was lost after first couple of paragraphs. Sorry MA but thanks to Naio my assistant she read and explained. To me it is a waste of taxpayers time. But you will be a great spokes person regarding these issues. You'll make Parliament one day.

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Yes ... Maryanne has always been a great advocate for the ladies since forever......
& Maryanne has definitely studied the laws not just in Australia also in other countries -
She is passionate and relentlessly strives to keep the fire burning,
forcing the pollies to address these issues out in the open and with facts not innuendos...
I remember a time we had about six to seven politicians sitting in the Langtrees lobby,
have a major conversation with working ladies, receptionists, other madams , drivers all connected to the industry... it was quite amazing!

I wished Maryanne had video taped the session as we all sat in a circle - no heads not tails (Just like King Arthur & His Round Table) except it was Queen Maryanne

Reactions: Dez

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Charlee did you take that photo because it is quite exceptional:happy::happy::happy:

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Thank you all, I enjoyed my first interview on the east coast.Charllee did take THAT PHOTO, SHE ALSO FILMED THE INTERVIEW FOR HER DOCUMENTARY.

Bluegrass9

Diamond Member
Very impressed. I can see like many others can too that we have been touched by a very specials lady who will make many men happy with her beautiful angels.
Canberra has been blessed.

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Thank You Blue grass I hope you can join us on Monday for a glass of refreshment, no obligation and let me know what you think of the new place.