• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

How Close are you to your Parents?

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
I was lucky to be adopted by my parents whose really only flaw was they were so overprotective of me. It was hard at the time but as I have grown older I am grateful because I have seen so much heartache and evil in other families and my parents only showed me love. My father passed long ago, but my mother fairly recently and I think of her every day.

It is really lovely that your parents were so loving & kind & now you know how blessed you were & how some people (even with their blood parents) are dealt a bad hand & suffer & have a terrible childhood no child should have to endure...
I know you are forever giving thanks for them !
:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Dallas

Legend Member
I love reading the comments by people on here who've really enjoyed their childhood and feel close to their parents. I have felt a greater sense of family from most of the staff and ladies at Langtrees than I ever felt anywhere growing up. I think that was the toughest thing about losing my long term relationship. It was her parents that I felt were like my real parents. I loved them but it's been impossible trying to maintain the relationship that we used to have.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
I love reading the comments by people on here who've really enjoyed their childhood and feel close to their parents. I have felt a greater sense of family from most of the staff and ladies at Langtrees than I ever felt anywhere growing up. I think that was the toughest thing about losing my long term relationship. It was her parents that I felt were like my real parents. I loved them but it's been impossible trying to maintain the relationship that we used to have.
I had a special relationship with an earlier father-in-law, he was understanding, taught me heaps about life and knew his daughter was an idiot and whilst he supported me, he obviously took her side at the end. A great man who served his country and knew what life was about.

Dallas

Legend Member
I had a special relationship with an earlier father-in-law, he was understanding, taught me heaps about life and knew his daughter was an idiot and whilst he supported me, he obviously took her side at the end. A great man who served his country and knew what life was about.

Sorry to hear that he took her side, but I understand. I was in a sense lucky with mine in that they took my side and told her she was crazy but in the end it didn't help much.

Happy2

Legend Member
As much as we may love our Fathers in law The daughter is blood And he may well have to live with his daughters mother for years to come

We know who is going to win

I remember my 20th wedding anniversary We had a big BBQ After several cold ones Dad 2 said
"You know even after all these years I can never really like you"
Which surprised me as we had and still do get on pretty well
I asked why?

He looked over to the bedroom window and said
" I know what you do to my little girl in there"

Dallas

Legend Member
As much as we may love our Fathers in law The daughter is blood And he may well have to live with his daughters mother for years to come

We know who is going to win

I remember my 20th wedding anniversary We had a big BBQ After several cold ones Dad 2 said
"You know even after all these years I can never really like you"
Which surprised me as we had and still do get on pretty well
I asked why?

He looked over to the bedroom window and said
" I know what you do to my little girl in there"

I would have said, dad the sausages are ready

sausage-holders.jpg

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Yes, some things are best left unshared. That's why having a forum like this is such a great outlet. :happy:

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
I would say close
but then again they don't know what I do for a job and I would die if they found out :(
If you are close, then if they did find out, i would like to believe they would support you as most parents should. They might be surprised at first but if your parents care, they will still love you

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I know they love me :)
I know they will be very disappointed :(

You're not alone. It'd be exactly the same for me if my folks ever discovered my 'love life' consisted of paying women to spend intimate moments with me. They would still love me but be aghast and disappointed -- and worse, feel sorry for me. :oops:

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
You're not alone. It'd be exactly the same for me if my folks ever discovered my 'love life' consisted of paying women to spend intimate moments with me. They would still love me but be aghast and disappointed -- and worse, feel sorry for me. :oops:
At the end of the day, everyone leads their own lives differently to their parents. You have to be happy in what you do, not lead your life in a way that either restricts or hampers your requirements. As the saying goes "be happy,, don't worry" :D

Langtrees VIP Darwin

(08) 8914 0058
Legend Member
My dad raised us 4 kids from the age of 18mths, a 4 yr old, 5 and a 6yr old. Ive always looked up to my dad, he couldnt cook for shit, so learning at a young age was quite daunting, but one thing i can say, we never brought the cops to my dads door and he never hit us. I think we grew up pretty good. He is in England still, but i phone him once a month for a yarn. I just love him to bits.

Sir Cruiser

Legend Member
My dad raised us 4 kids from the age of 18mths, a 4 yr old, 5 and a 6yr old. Ive always looked up to my dad, he couldnt cook for shit, so learning at a young age was quite daunting, but one thing i can say, we never brought the cops to my dads door and he never hit us. I think we grew up pretty good. He is in England still, but i phone him once a month for a yarn. I just love him to bits.
It's nice to be able to do that