• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Greek referendum coming up.......

Dallas

Legend Member
And trust you to like it

Now if only the discussion was about greek tomboys ...

greek-ringer-med.jpg

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Dallas, please reality check........sorry to say but Arya Stark is out of your age league :D:D:D:p

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Back to Greece........honestly the whole Euro zone idea was pushed by the wealthier European countries. It might have sounded good but it was never designed to create equal standards between the European top dogs and the European not so top dogs. I think Greece is just the beginning.......others might follow.

Smoggy

Foundation Member
As much as I like GOT's this is a serious subject that has implications for 99.9% on this site. That is all the members with superannuation accounts as their stock market investments have taken a bit of a hammering with much uncertainty ahead.

I feel really sorry for the pensioners forced to stand out in the intense heat for 60 euros if they are lucky. The Greeks only have themselves to blame for this mess. You cant max out on your credit card over 30 years and not face the consequences at some point. Lifting the credit limit only works so long and this time the creditors have said enough is enough. There are many reasons for this mess including an overpaid grossly bloated public service, a cash economy, corruption in government, early retirement on 110% of your last wage guaranteed and the lowest productivity in the EU. Its a total mess. The elected left wing idiots in charge are making things worse and the first signs of economic growth have gone. There has to be cuts to public spending as there isn't the money to pay for it. But this austerity has to be balanced with the need to boost the economy as its only economic growth that is going to solve this problem over decades.

Greece is in the EU and has other member countries helping them. If Australia cant get its house in order who will help us?

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Did someone say polling booth?

EU unlike the US...can't print money at will and shove their debt under the carpet with a higher debt ceiling. That is one of their main problems there. And this and everywhere else it's a debt driven ridden economy, so it's bound to blow up in someone's face as a ginormous blowjob...lol...debt financing debt...wealth created from debt...even a kid knows he/she needs to pay it back.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
The bottom line is they will need to settle one way or another as first world countries don't default they just re-shuffle the pack.

But I do feel for the Greek people, they may have been governed by people who left them in a mess, but the average man and woman must have had a horrible time trying to make a living and survive over the last few years.

We can wax lyrical about the over spending on the social side, the lack of tax etc, but Joe Blow only does and pays what his government tells him. If this was an African country, the magic wand would have been out long ago and the debt would be written off.

Link is broken so has been taken down

Last edited by a moderator:

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Did someone say polling booth?

EU unlike the US...can't print money at will and shove their debt under the carpet with a higher debt ceiling. That is one of their main problems there. And this and everywhere else it's a debt driven ridden economy, so it's bound to blow up in someone's face as a ginormous blowjob...lol...debt financing debt...wealth created from debt...even a kid knows he/she needs to pay it back.

1000 × 538 - pngexposed.wordpress.com

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, I am living on my super at present and it has taken a bit of a hit but, on past performances it will bounce back. Let's face it, there is not much about Greece which affects us in a practical way - China is a bigger problem.

On the stockmarket there has been a lot of blather about "crashing", "nosediving" etc but most of the decent funds, like mine, have their coin in solid blue-chip companies like Banks. major miners etc which are chosen for their dividend performance rather than for speculative gains. Although their share price may drop in the short term the value remains and the price will recover soon enough.

I like to think my fund is busy right now snapping up more of these shares at a bargain basement price.

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
This is, without any shadow of doubt, the very best explanation of the bailout that exists anywhere!

It's a slow day in a little Greek Village.

It is raining and the streets are deserted.

Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

On this particular day a rich German tourist is driving through the village, stops at the local hotel and lays a 100 Euro note on the desk, telling the hotel owner he wants to inspect the room upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.

The owner gives him some keys and, as soon as the visitor has walked upstairs, the hotelier grabs the 100 Euro note and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the 100 Euro note and runs down the street to repay his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the 100 Euro note and heads off to pay his bill at the supplier of feed and fuel.

The guy at the Farmers' Co-op takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his drinks bill at the taverna.

The publican slips the money along to the local prostitute drinking at the bar, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer him "services" on credit.

The prostitute then rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill to the hotel owner with the 100 Euro note.

The hotel proprietor then places the 100 Euro note back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, picks up the 100 Euro note, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.

No one produced anything.

No one earned anything.

However, the whole village is now out of debt and looking to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how the bailout package works.....

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
Greece bailout: Alexis Tsipras accepts 86-billion-euro bailout from eurozone leaders after 17 hours of talks

see, now what was all that fuss about.....normal service is resumed and with the Iran nuclear deal pretty much there we only have 43,275,463 major issues to go to resolve world peace!

Happy Days.

grumpyas

Silver Member
Very nice Zeus. However I wonder what the fall out would have been if they left the Euro? a few more years and some pain until everyone in your story started using the new currency that becomes easier to obtain, lower value of course, but at least if the old Kraut didn't come to visit the room the hooker could still pay her rent..