• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Eye disease.....

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
hopefully we'll get some sensible replies n not the tripe that has been written
has any o e suffered with catarracts in the past/now wat happens...wats in olved in the op is it successful how long do u take to recover just after an idea on wat to accept

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Beep my late husband had both his eyes done he was older than me and a diabetic. Im just getting ready for work but will pop back soon with some more info for you sorry i haven't got time to type it now

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Beep my late husband had both his eyes done he was older than me and a diabetic. Im just getting ready for work but will pop back soon with some more info for you sorry i haven't got time to type it now
Thanks Darls thank god the majority of peeps here in TS are sensible n helpful like urself MissM much unlike the 1% who i hope n pray will STFU. sorry ;) hehehe
yea i got the same issues ur late hubby had thanks MissM
images.jpeg
if it was at all possible love to get one from you

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Laser surgery, if you don't want smart arsed comments may I suggest you click over to google.com.au and search this before asking hows that? then ask peoples procedures as then you will be armed with some knowledge at-least.

However Good luck!

Happy2

Legend Member
As I said to you earlier Bepp via PM My brother had one eye done He to is a diabetic with other associated eye problems
He was wheeled in to the op room and was having a cuppa and sandwiches in the recovery room within the hour From when I drove him to the hospital to coming home was a few hours As they gave the diabetics priority seeing as they had not eaten since 5 the previous evening
Had to go back next day for a once over and wore a guard over his eye at night for a while But no major inconvenience

Had to buy new glasses a month later as his old ones were to strong after the op

All the best with it mate

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
You see happy2 can be serious when required :) well done happy2.

Miss Monique

Legend Member
{ Hugs to you }

Shaun's experience was pretty much as H2 described its a day surgery procedure, I had to drive him home he had both eyes done about 6 months apart both ops done in a small country hospital. Recovery was quick he had antibiotic drops and eye patch for a few days. He was very sensitive to light during that recovery time so dark glasses come in handy. From memory he had one eye done twice as they come back and yes if you have glasses they may need new lenses after.

I can say this was the only type of surgery that he had that the diabetes caused no issue with after thank goodness. And the improvement in his eyesight after was amazing, we laughed that I no longer has to check his work after he had finished due to him not being able to see. He was a painter & decorator by trade.

Sadly so many other health issue arise from diabetes, I can't stress enough the need to take care of your health.
Shaun lost his leg in the end and the diabetes related problems is what killed him in the end. He was a drinker, beer came first. He has been gone 3 years this month, I still carry such guilt as the last time we spook was argument I would not give him beer money to go drinking with his mates. And the morning he died I was to afraid to wake him in case he went mad at me for doing so. He passed away in his sleep age 52

Sorry I have completely gone off track I guess what I'm saying luv is take care of your health

Wish you all the best

Happy2

Legend Member
Dont you worry about going off track Its a heartfelt and very honest post you just wrote

But don't feel guilty for trying to do the right thing by your husband

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I'm sure bepp doesn't count me in that insensible and unhelpful 1% either...

Someone I know got one of his eyes done last year and is looking forward to getting the other one done soon. This biggest nuisance is if you wear glasses, because your fixed eye ends up being better than it was before you developed the cataract, meaning your vision no requires the same prescription in the spectacles' lens. Meanwhile, the cataract in the other eye continues to ripen so you end up not being able to see very clearly with either eye.

So he can't wait to get the other eye operated on and get new specs. The procedure is a routine day surgery event, with a bit of a black eye afterwards. It's important to follow the doctor's instructions carefully to ensure you look after it for the first few days. You don't want to get an infection or anything.

Best of luck, sexy cheeks. :)

Miss Monique

Legend Member
The glasses comment above by XLNC jotted the memory, Shuan would hold his glasses by 1 of the arms on the frame and just hold the lens over the eye that was awaiting surgery. From what I know it needs to be 3 to six months before they do the other eye and then depending on the waiting list. I have a few pairs of his glasses here all with one arm removed off the frame, by doing this it was easier for him to hold them to read the paper etc

Happy2

Legend Member
Bepp do you need to have both eyes done or just the one?
If only one maybe you can borrow one of His XLNC's monocles

Well I'm sure we all wish you all the best with it I think most of us take our eyesight a bit for granted

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
maybe you can borrow one of His XLNC's monocles
absolutely-capital-old-bean.jpg

tumblr_ln8nktBUk51qafrh6.png
feel-like-a-sir-template.jpg

memes-sir-homer-simpson.jpg

85ea05d226adb9c29d98e51bcd141773687a13f99279e4b8147b138a99619752.jpg

twaddle.jpg

i-am-the-1-percent-top-hat-dog.jpg

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
Bepp do you need to have both eyes done or just the one?
If only one maybe you can borrow one of His XLNC's monocles

Well I'm sure we all wish you all the best with it I think most of us take our eyesight a bit for granted
boht H2 ......WE?? ALL but dont like theidea of doing both at once since being on my own i am a fairly independant mongrel n with both eyes out even for couple days not on ...tho i imagine even one at a time will b diff for me

Dear Miss M
I thank you for your invaluable contribution.I t was a good read n sorry to hear Bout ur hubby neverthe less it was well recieved
pity some ohter people? cant take a leaf out of your book

Last edited: