Did she deserve it???

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
She got paid millions, got to meet so many stars and sure... she got to give away a few cars but then she was doing her job.

Did Oprah deserve her big farewell or was it just another media stunt???
I have never really watched a full episode so I guess I shouldn`t judge so maybe somebody can tell me...

What made her so popular and what is next for her??

Could she run as a politician??

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
My God some of the work she did for the world wide catch a pedophile, The rehabilitation programs & the countless charity work..Building homes for Katrina victims.. I think she deserved more!!

Fudd

Foundation Member
My God some of the work she did for the world wide catch a pedophile, The rehabilitation programs & the countless charity work..Building homes for Katrina victims.. I think she deserved more!!

.....so cop that William!!!!....lol :)

W

WRXXR

I agree. On a personal note she introduced me (through the tv!) to some inspirational books and places. Places I never even imagined, books about topics I'd never considered in my wildest dreams.

I often get weekdays off so I always watched her show.

F

Farm Boy

She actuality was paid many thousands of millions Bill .
I was enormously impressed when covering the damage Katrina did in New Orleans Oprah rolled up with 59 Semitrailers ( supplies for her crew and some for the locales) In other ways she was just to over the top for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
As I said, never watched a full show but give me what she was paid and I`ll try and do the same as her.

I want Jerry Springer back...

A

Alecia the Foxx

"I want Jerry Springer back..."

Me too, but Oprah did do some wonderful things. And she did what she loved (which was to talk!) and she made money out of it. Something we can all aspire too.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Never really watched her shows either but she definitely tried to make the world a better place and for that alone she deserves a big farewell.
Good on her. Wish all the people with big bugs would try to match her in her charity and generosity.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxx

svengali

Foundation Member
WEel, good luck to her I say. While I never watched her shows you can't argue with success and the companies she worked for didn't pay her all that loot just for her looks.

Happy2

Legend Member
Yes she did some good, maybe even a lot of good.
But watching a few programs about phlilanthropy in the US it is almost expected that some one so rich should help spread it around And you can be sure there are men & women as rich and richer who are doing just as much good but do not broadcast it .

T

TB

Yep, she sure has done well for herself.....from very humble beginnings all the way to the top...great attitude, hard work, good timing could have happened to anyone.It was a wonderful thing she chose to share her good fortune....and that made more of a fortune for her......funny how that works.Who will fill the Oprah void?.....Certainly not Jerry!