• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Dealing With The Tropics....

Claire M

Bronze Member
Hi there Everyone,
This is my first post & its all about overall health & well being working in the hot, humid, tropical environment of Darwin and the Northern Territory....
Rule Number One ; is drink plenty of water ... some people have to have up to 4-5 litres of water when working in our climate up here.... If you're going out drinking ... Have a large glass of water in between every alcoholic drink... You will find if you keep properly hydrated you will have less chances of having UTI's, bad skin, head aches etc....
Keep yourself well washed ... personal hygiene is a big must...!!!
Eat healthy frequent small meals so to keep at your peak performance for working :)
I shall update more in the coming days and weeks to keep you posted about living and surviving the tropics ;)

Bobalong

Gold Member
Hi there Everyone,
This is my first post & its all about overall health & well being working in the hot, humid, tropical environment of Darwin and the Northern Territory....
Rule Number One ; is drink plenty of water ... some people have to have up to 4-5 litres of water when working in our climate up here.... If you're going out drinking ... Have a large glass of water in between every alcoholic drink... You will find if you keep properly hydrated you will have less chances of having UTI's, bad skin, head aches etc....
Keep yourself well washed ... personal hygiene is a big must...!!!
Eat healthy frequent small meals so to keep at your peak performance for working :)
I shall update more in the coming days and weeks to keep you posted about living and surviving the tropics ;)
Good suggestions I was there for nearly 20 years and survived --- my only advice if a cyclone is coming go to the neatest big pub if you are going to be caught anywhere you may as well be happy and have a few drinks.

Happy2

Legend Member
Good suggestions I was there for nearly 20 years and survived --- my only advice if a cyclone is coming go to the neatest big pub if you are going to be caught anywhere you may as well be happy and have a few drinks.
Good advice Bobalong But I am not as particular as you and I will just make for the nearest Pub Blow worrying about the Neatest :) And the nearest for me when in town is the Darwin Hotel

That pub surprised me They sell Geraldton crayfish ( Geraldton being the biggest town in my area ) for half the price as Geraldton

Bobalong

Gold Member
Good advice Bobalong But I am not as particular as you and I will just make for the nearest Pub Blow worrying about the Neatest :) And the nearest for me when in town is the Darwin Hotel

That pub surprised me They sell Geraldton crayfish ( Geraldton being the biggest town in my area ) for half the price as Geraldton
Yes Happy2 I agree my typing skills are not what they used to be