• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Darwin Massage Parlors raided by 100 police

Lady X

Bronze Member
No, no, working girls definitely the oldest and first proffession.
Supply and demand, you must have a product or service to provide first, before you can market it!!

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
Do you need to register?
You must register for GST if:

• your business or enterprise has a GST turnover (gross income minus GST) of $75 000 or more
  • your non-profit organisation has a GST turnover of $150 000 per year or more
  • you provide taxi or limousine travel for passengers in exchange for a fare as part of your business, regardless of your GST turnover - this applies to both owner drivers and if you lease or rent a taxi
  • you want to claim fuel tax credits for your business or enterprise.
If your business or enterprise doesn’t fit into one of the above categories, registering for GST is optional. However, if you choose to register, you generally must stay registered for at least 12 months.

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
A business that does not believe it will reach the turnover limit (effectively $1500 pw) does not need to register for GST, so I would expect some one or two person shops would "think" they will not make that number.

If the accounting system is not very robust and all the income is not declared then who knows.

But to give you an idea, an AMP makes probably $35/job average (45mins), but for that they take in $55 which they need to account for the GST (on all of it) on and pay the girl $20.

I am guessing here but I would say probably 90% would make the threshold, especially if you have leased premises. The other issue is you should be GST registered so you can reclaim the GST on your rent.

MrJwhite

Gold Member
What will the police, Marines, firefighters, do now, many times I have seen members of these services ( and still using ).

These guys provide a service to our community, why cannot they receive something in return?

I think big businesses would be a better target for GST avoidence.
But I guess these shops and businesses are an easier target :-(

Keep us safe ABF !!

But still let in murders and thieves ( yes illegal refugees ).

I have been on patrol boats in the top end.
So Before I am labeled a racist, let me say the general population of AUS, will never know the truth.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
What will the police, Marines, firefighters, do now, many times I have seen members of these services ( and still using ).

These guys provide a service to our community, why cannot they receive something in return?

I think big businesses would be a better target for GST avoidence.
But I guess these shops and businesses are an easier target :-(

Keep us safe ABF !!

But still let in murders and thieves ( yes illegal refugees ).

I have been on patrol boats in the top end.
So Before I am labeled a racist, let me say the general population of AUS, will never know the truth.

I know the truth I have worked for the companies that the navy send these "clients' too..... but I have signed documents meaning I can not say a word other than "clients" for many many years... and if I do well I can be walked into a court of law....

MrJwhite

Gold Member
I know the truth I have worked for the companies that the navy send these "clients' too..... but I have signed documents meaning I can not say a word other than "clients" for many many years... and if I do well I can be walked into a court of law....
Same,
Slightly tongue in cheek,
No pun intended ;-)

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I recently had a meeting with licensing in Darwin. A senior detective attended the meeting and I asked about the results of the expensive raid.
His answer was that the police could not charge the Madams or owners, because they could not prove that the Madam had knowledge of the ladies carrying out full service activities.You must remember that every room was searched and many couples were caught in the act.
I replied that i could understand their problem, but under Darwin law the land owner/landlord was equally responsible, and that they could write to the owner and inform him that they had discovered brothel activities on these premises and then the landlord would be forced to revoke the lease or face prosecution.
I think he was surprised that I had such a good understanding of the NT Law, and said this was certainly an option they had not yet considered.
It will be interesting to see what action is taken over the next few months. My calculation is the raids have cost the tax payer over $350,000 with the only result, three ladies that had overstayed their visa's charged, rather than the operators.
I am supportive of a level playing field for all sex industry operators and Darwin has a large demand for the AMP services.I just want to see the law changed to make them legal, and the owners operating within Australian law, by being GST registered. This will also protect the ladies, and they will be able to utilize the free sex clinics and the education that is necessary to be a safe sex operator.
As it stands with the raids, the owners will no longer supply condoms and lube to the ladies, they have to purchase their own.
WHAT HAPPENS when the lady runs out at 1am in the morning, will she stop working or be tempted to take a risk.
It is a common untrue belief among Australian workers that the Asian ladies do not use Safe Sex Practices.
From my 35 years experience, I find that they are more conscious of safe sex practices than the average Australian service providers.
Asians by nature are more law & medical abiding .They wear face masks when they have a cold, being considerate to not spread this infection to another person.Asian clients are the only guests we have that let us know if a lady has not used a condom. In the heat of the moment, they may accept a HJ without a condom, and by the next morning, they are imagining every disease that may be attacking his body.Sue and I over the years have had to calm many a guest on this problem.

Bobalong

Gold Member
This is an Australian wide raid on massage parlours by the federal police. It mostly involves the asian places as they are looking for illegal immigrants, The whisper is Adelaide and Perth are next.They have 100 police working on the raids collecting data etc and are approved for 4 months on this project.
PS out of the 11 parlours they visited in Darwin they closed down 7 straight away as they had no GST trading number. They did not arrest any one for Prostitution charges but they did issue 4 Tax Fraud investigations so far.
It is interesting to note only the state police can issue charges for prostitution so it will be interesting to see if they make any charges later.
Hi Mary-Anne I was wondering what your thoughts are on "Turt" comments sent to Darwin DCM Tuesday night which have now been deleted --- to me he is worrying about nothing as blind Freddy knows what goes on in most parlours around Darwin and has done for years anyway I would be interested in your comments.