• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

City v Country

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Ahoy;- I swear.... "I never touched a drop of Rum or was entertaining a couple of lovely Lass`s........
Your Lordship Mr Judge"
costa.jpg

Happy2

Legend Member
Difference between city and country
Coming home Wednesday evening Just north of Nanson and a small car with MH plates was on side of road with a flat tyre and a lady in her 60s was looking forlornly at a flat tyre Before we reached her a roo shooters truck pulled over Couple of carcasses on the hooks 2 blokes Wearing beaten hats grimy work gear etc got out
Poor lady was straight into the car windows up
They convinced her from a safe distance to open the boot and they changed her tyre

Silly thing to me was we pulled over too I was in city duds and the lady wound the window down and said hello

But I did wonder how long she would have waited for help in Perth or other larger town

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Difference between city and country
Coming home Wednesday evening Just north of Nanson and a small car with MH plates was on side of road with a flat tyre and a lady in her 60s was looking forlornly at a flat tyre Before we reached her a roo shooters truck pulled over Couple of carcasses on the hooks 2 blokes Wearing beaten hats grimy work gear etc got out
Poor lady was straight into the car windows up
They convinced her from a safe distance to open the boot and they changed her tyre

Silly thing to me was we pulled over too I was in city duds and the lady wound the window down and said hello

But I did wonder how long she would have waited for help in Perth or other larger town

She would of been robbed in Perth, the thug in perth would of changed the tyre then stole the car.... leaving little old granny standing there alone.....

Viv

Silver Member
Love the rifle comment Happy2.
Being a country girl from the land of the long white cloud a rifle was a usual accessory. I remember picking up a hitchhiker one day with a rifle and a dog

Happy2

Legend Member
Meeting a friend at the pub at 1pm ,they arrive at 1.30
Yeah thats close enough

Clocks aren't quite as strong a role in day to day non work related life

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
She would of been robbed in Perth, the thug in perth would of changed the tyre then stole the car.... leaving little old granny standing there alone.....

This reminds me 3 teenagers tried to steal the car with me sitting in it on a recent trip Adelaide well Elizabeth shops to be exact. I thought they where trying to open car doors to steal my handbag sitting on the seat. I'm sitting in the car after just putting shopping in and they walked straight to the car and they trying to open 2 of the car doors the 3rd one standing behind the car so I turned car on and reversed they then run off

1Chat

This reminds me 3 teenagers tried to steal the car with me sitting in it on a recent trip Adelaide well Elizabeth shops to be exact. I thought they where trying to open car doors to steal my handbag sitting on the seat. I'm sitting in the car after just putting shopping in and they walked straight to the car and they trying to open 2 of the car doors the 3rd one standing behind the car so I turned car on and reversed they then run off

That sucks, the crooks are getting more opportunistic by the day!....
I was looking through the emoticons at the bottom of the posts people share just like yours here Miss Monique and I think there could be space for an emoticon which represents

that's Fu$%ed
OR
that Sucks

The emoticons there are kinda all positive, there is one that is dislike, but I don't dislike the shared story, so its not really the right one, empathy...still not really the right one, but one that goes "that's Fu$%ed" would hit the spot....just saying because I know you wont be the only one reading my comment.:)