• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Best of Luck Ben

happytimes

what you see is wat you get and alot more
Diamond Member
I only hope you don't get jail time Ben, I have heard you have alot of sympathy and support in Perth.
Not to sure about on here, but you have to get over your demons and face up to life in reality.
Youv'e been on a road to nowhere and i know it's hard for some people to understand what you have ben thru unless they have been there themselves.
Your media status is your biggest enemy, so you didn't really think about that if what we hear is true.If it was a nobody it probably wouldn't of happened, so you have to take that into consideration in whatever you do.
I have heard about 5 versions of this story, all i want to say jail will not help you one bit so i hope they use common sense.

The best thing you could do is get out of any city and away from the drugs and media.
If fate goes your way today you won't get that chance again, so if you do take it with both hands and i only hope you can beat your addiction. To be honest i can't believe you have kept it together for this long.
Yeah there will be many different views, but when people understand this is a health issue that's only the people that understand where you have been.

Probably not to many would admit to it anyway, but it's your life, your future and i only hope you can get back on track and live a normal life. Your better than where your at, so as i said if fate plays your way embrace it as you won't get it again.
Best of luck today Ben and i hope you get to read this, as you do have alot of support, people will say this and that but your the only person that can take control of things and i only hope you do. Good Luck H.T

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Happytimes I`m not going to agree or disagree but my question would be...
How can we as a community try to help someone in this position? If it was you or I, we could just walk into a new town and chances are nobody would know about our history but if you were somebody that was constantly in the spotlight, I`m sure you would be pointed out.
How can somebody famous hope to disappear from the media when most of their time has been spent in it?

We all need to help one another but sometimes we just don`t know how...

ecchimiki

Gold Member
I have to say that I don't have the supportive sentiments happytimes does.

Ben has had plenty of second chances, support from the AFL, his family, etc.

Happytimes, he WAS out of any city, Esperance (and its rehab centre) was as far as you can get away from the big lights, but the fact that he was arrested on his way to the rehab facility with a quantity in excess of what constitutes personal use shows that he wasn't serious about rehab, if anything, it might be argued that he might have taken so much to sell on to the other recovering addicts at the facility.

For a long time it looked like he had beaten his demons, but to see him do this now that he's got a family and a six month old son is just exasperating. :(

I'm of the school that believes it's now the time to throw the book at him. He's been given plenty of chances to clean up his act, more so than any non-famous person in the same circumstances, and obviously that didn't work.

happytimes

Diamond Member
Thats the thing there is to many different versions, the one i think is true he was done at the airport with the drugs internally.
As i said i doubt he will get much support on here, but each to there own.
So if you were the judge you would trow away the key i gather..

ecchimiki

Gold Member
Thats the thing there is to many different versions, the one i think is true he was done at the airport with the drugs internally.
As i said i doubt he will get much support on here, but each to there own.
So if you were the judge you would trow away the key i gather..

If the evidence supports the most prevalent news accounts, then yes. In excess of 4 grams, hidden inside a body cavity, etc. It just shows that he was determined to get the stuff in there while pretending to rehab.

At the very least the non-dealing sentence should be handed down, if not the dealing one. Yes, I know that's either 4 or 25 years, but I just can't in good conscience defend him getting another chance. I'm not a footy fan, so I never had any sort of emotional attachment to him.

It's like when he disappeared on his way to the rehab centre in California, he just seems to treat all these attempts to help him as a joke.

W

WRXXXR

If Benny is at the stage where he's turning those sort of quantities into a cloud every night he's in serious trouble.

The only way he'll stop is when he ends up ODing like Mainy.

ecchimiki

Gold Member
Well, the magistrate has let him out on bail, stating he doesn't think he'll get a jail sentence. So I agree with WRXXXR, this is all going to end badly.

Happy2

Legend Member
In another thread A fellow poster was carjacked. If the offenders were on drugs or wanting to buy drugs there
would be no sympathy. A popular sporting personality Who is fortunate enough to be able provide his fix without hurting or stealing
because of a well paid career Is a subject of sympathy

Though having said that I would like to see him get his life back on track Even if only for his partner and child

W

WRXXXR

An addict is still an addict but i can differentiate between someone with a strong financial backing who's an idiot and a junkie stealing cars.

His poor kid is the one who might find himself without parents. He was in rehab at Esperance for a while before this and was pretty messed up. Doing better than some of his team mates during that era but!

C

colzilla

I reckon Ben will be dead soon. He has gone way past the point of no return.

T

teddEbear

I've always believed that the only way anyone can change is if they themselves want to change. I couldn't quit smoking and made many relapses until I actually wanted to stop. It took me about a year but eventually I got there.... Not that I'm comparing an ice addiction to nicotine. I remember when he was first in the media and everyone gave him sympathy and treated his addiction as a disease. I too truely felt for him as I myself am no angel but I've never allowed myself to let things get out of control.... I also understand that footy is his life and he probably needs to find some sort of income to maintain his lifestyle. Hell.. It's probably damn hard hanging out with all his footy mates and their model wags partying, but I've never, not once even considered smuggling drugs in my rectum. He's betrayed his fans and the people that showed him compassion. He's just taking the piss.

happytimes

Diamond Member
I reckon Ben will be dead soon. He has gone way past the point of no return.

Yeah don't know about dead but will definately end up frazzled if he doesn't get off the shit. The thing is there is no real help for C.Meth like other drugs, best he can do is rehab but he's done it twice and far as i know didn't even make it to rehab in Esperance.

Yeah he can die from a heart attack or similar, hard to overdose on the man made crap. I think his only chance of getting off it is going somewhere where it isn't, which these days is just about everywhere.
Yeah i thought when he had the baby it might be different but maybe it didn't work out and he got back into the drugs. Or never really got off it. I don't support what he is doing but jail is no answer to his problem.
Some people rehab just doesn't work, especially what i have heard about the one in Esperance which i don't think he got there.

I heard on sunday they have found 44 labs already this year and imediately have now brought in a Law where if there are any children in the place it's an automatic 12month jail sentence. At least that may slow it down but i doubt it.
My oldest son rang me the other day and told me now the Coast is full of it. As well i know Sydney is as well and probably every other city.

So we have an epidemic of the shit all around Australia, no wonder all our teens are fucked up on it and it can make people very violent, take that and alcohol and no wonder there is so much violence going on everywhere.
My oldest son still thanks me till this day as i told him when he was 18 whatever you do don't get involved with speed, that was 19 yrs ago and he at least listened to that.
Theres alot more i could say about why it's like it is but this is a public forum. Alot of people know anyway but that's another story.
I still hope Ben can get it together and put his talent to good use, just because his lawer and the paper said he won't get jail there is no way of knowing that. He may just get a judge that makes an example out of him and gives him a couple of yrs.
I wouldn't be to confident about that at all, as he was supposed to be a role model to alot of young kids and i personally know a few that think now he is just drug fucked. Wake up Ben before it is to late, your the only one that can do it, but firstly you have got to want to..

happytimes

Diamond Member
I wont have that colzilla Look at Keith Richards He just keeps on keepin on

That's the difference H2 which you probably know, that drug doesn't fuck up your mind. There are users and there are junkies, there is a big difference, whether people want to believe that or not but that is true.

W

WRXXXR

Happy times, he made it to Esperance rehab but came to Perth for a weekend off. Accounts suggest he was well fried. Apparently it's quiet a good rehab place but very strict with churchy type rules. An incentive not to become an ice addict!

F

Farm Boy

If everyone stops the hero worship crap it may help Ben a little.

C

colzilla

I wont have that colzilla Look at Keith Richards He just keeps on keepin on

Drugs mightn't kill him but something else will. The dude knows some pretty shady characters.
Keith Richards is millionaire rockstar and Ben is a washed up ex footballer. Sir Keith must be in his 80's by now... Bless him
For all the kids out there. Drugs aren't the answer.

M

moviemaker

I have been hesitating and hestitaing to comment on this post, and i will post this, the poor kid never had a chance he wanted to do good in sports, but he has one of the most biggest powerful families in melbourrne the kid never had a chance!!

He wanted to do good and play sports!!

I will say that you are juding in what you do not no, lets remember this is a kid from a rich family.

wanted to just play his sport

there, are things obvilusly you all dont know. I feel sorry forr him, ( i am not going to go into detail)

but obviously you all dont know, and you are judging in things you do not no

M

moviemaker

the poor guy never had a chance, (again i am not goin into detail )

M

moviemaker

I mean his family is worth millions he could be anything?, and yet you all having a go at him. He chose afl , bet you didnt all know this ey?
thats the funny thing about juding someone

T

teddEbear

I mean his family is worth millions he could be anything?, and yet you all having a go at him. He chose afl , bet you didnt all know this ey?
thats the funny thing about juding someone

What's your point? He chose afl? So he chose to be in the public eye? He chose to be an embassador for the sport? He chose to be a role model for young west australians? Ben cousins is an irresponsible fool. The very fact that he's allowing this to happen with a young child speaks enough about himself. The poor man is willing to put his own child at risk...the only being who doesn't have a say in the matter. I don't respect that at all.

svengali

Foundation Member
Yep, Teddy has got to the core of this matter.

"Poor Ben" is where he is as a direct result of his own stupidity, arrogance and lack of character (otherwise known as "guts")

He had it all - top sportsman, public respect, gorgeous girlfriend money in the bank and he just blew it. Along the way he brought disgrace not only onto himself but onto the Eagles and the A.F.L. in general.

Now he is nothing more than a junkie who is different from the other drug-addled halfwits out there only because has enough cash to indulge in his habit and doesn't have to mug people or burgle houses to get a hit.

Unless he can find some character and turn himself around he is going to end up dead or in jail.

My only sympathy is for his family and his parents.

Happy2

Legend Member
Yes svengali His parents /family in general have come across as a loving and supportive. And he has the bet incentive
in the world to clean up his act A child If you cant straighten your life for your kids I dont think you ever will

Holford

Gold Member
You gotta ask yourself about what is real and what is not. I have seen and know people on shit and they don't function at all especially after such a long period. In his case he is just a party boy that has used addiction as an excuse to avoid any consequences as the courts and public are more sympathetic to addicts. There is no way an addict can win a brownlow medal. *You might question whether it all started with performance drugs given his afl playing ability.
Perhaps if he was dealt with at the very beginning the wiggles would have a better reputation, players would have stayed, someone may not have died, his family and community could get on with more important endeavours.

Whitney, winehouse, elvis etc all had same issue they didn't have people that said no to them, that is the real addiction and we know the consequences. In fact this generation is moving towards the effects of never being said no to.

W

wolfblasse

No matter if you are in the poor Ben camp or spoilt barstard camp it beggars belief that this story was the lead item on the major networks(except ABC);even ahead of the poor young lifesaver who lost his life.

Happy2

Legend Member
No matter if you are in the poor Ben camp or spoilt barstard camp it beggars belief that this story was the lead item on the major networks(except ABC);even ahead of the poor young lifesaver who lost his life.

Spot on If that poor young fella was the son of a celebrity definite leading news story