• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Any Gin lovers here on TS?

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
I have been obsessed with Scotch and Cognac for some time now but have began a journey to discover Gin. My first education of gin was at the Lime Burners distillery in Margaret River. It was very nice, but I did not click with the new world (Australian) Gin.

But at least I learned that dumping 30 ml Gordon’s London Dry into a pint of Schweppes Tonic is not the way to drink gin.

I recently discovered a couple of old world guns from Scotland and they are truly sensational with a party of botanical scents. Especially the Botanist which is distilled by the magnificent
Bruichladdich distillery in Islay (where my favorite scotch is made).

IMG_5264.jpeg IMG_5265.jpeg

Are there any gin lovers here that can educate me further on the Gin journey?

Mopar63

Gold Member
Yes I loved Gin once when I was 15, and there ended the shortest love affair in history. :(

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Never been a gin fan but I was in Adelaide earlier in the year and had a chance to pop in to Prohibition Liquor, the gin tasting flights were fantastic and really opened up my eyes to a few different styles. And all the botanicals you can mix and match to bring out certain characteristics, oh man it's so much fun. Having an expert on hand to take you through the different styles was awesome.

Much to learn!

Mopar63

Gold Member
Well this is much more to my taste, although I’m not quite the connoisseur as the rest of you guys n gals, I do have remnants of the highland malt running through my veins.
Earlier this year I gifted my brother a bottle of this Highland gem for his birthday, and on a recent trip back east he was kind enough to save me enough for a tantalising taste. And I would certainly recommend giving it a try, certain it won’t disappoint.

80AABF9F-51E8-49D7-9409-090887668E95.jpeg

Master Yoda

Legend Member
Found this one today. Japan’s first gin from the Suntory distillery. Six botanicals local to their region to which Cherry Blossom is one of them.

This will be interesting.

D00222B5-962F-43DD-9740-704ADC1542F9.jpeg EA5D0C73-B0DE-4D04-BD0E-C231079770CC.jpeg

Master Yoda

Legend Member
It is gorgeous... not too heavy on the juniper, not too flowery... beautifully balanced and silky smooth...

8622EFC6-3898-4BF3-BD6C-BC65BBC2C174.jpeg