• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Alan Langtrees Chaffeur BLOG

Alan Driver VIP Perth

Gold Member
Be realistic with speed cameras. I was doing 100 k 1 minite then there was a speed sign of 60, 20 meters after the sign was a camera. If thats not raising money ?????

Last edited by a moderator:

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
here in QLD it is law for the police to use a sign that say camera in use , so they put the sign in front of the camera car so you can see it after you pass the car :)

T

Thatguy

that used to be the law here in WA too.. they had to put the sign out after the camera so you knew you had passed one..

must have changed it though as now they are putting the cameras in spots so they get you from behind...

T

Thatguy

Be realistic with speed cameras. I was doing 100 k 1 minite then there was a speed sign of 60, 20 meters after the sign was a camera. If thats not raising money ?????

well given most cops will say that the 60 sign is not the point to START slowing down to 60.. you should be AT 60 when you pass the sign... they will say you should have started slowing down before the sign...

not defending them.. just sayin..

T

Thatguy

true.. but law here now says if you weren't driving you have to nominate who was.. otherwise you get fine anyway...

T

Thatguy

ya it would be nice if they actually caught some real criminals instead of sending me fines for being 5k over the speed limit...

spose someone has to pay for their christmas parties..

Dallas

Legend Member
I've driven in every state and major city in Australia and as much as I love Perth, the thing that stands out is the number of speed changes over short distances on highways and freeways.

I was driving back to Scarborough one night from Langtrees and they had been doing road works on the Mitchell, and there was just so many speed changes it was ridiculous and I was trying to work out which lane to be in and where to turn off etc and I was also following other traffic at their speed and I missed one and got a $300 fine!! I wrote them a letter explaining that I didn't see it in the dark and the rain and that I was a tourist and they basically said it's about the money.
Don't they know that for every $300 they fine me that's like an hour that a nice lady is missing out on! :( They have no heart :rolleyes:

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
:)
Alan Needs an Avatar What do you think
Langtrees Ladies are Awesome!
& the Staff are Fun to work with ....

Wouldn't you agree, Alan!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Driver VIP Perth

Gold Member
I've driven in every state and major city in Australia and as much as I love Perth, the thing that stands out is the number of speed changes over short distances on highways and freeways.

I was driving back to Scarborough one night from Langtrees and they had been doing road works on the Mitchell, and there was just so many speed changes it was ridiculous and I was trying to work out which lane to be in and where to turn off etc and I was also following other traffic at their speed and I missed one and got a $300 fine!! I wrote them a letter explaining that I didn't see it in the dark and the rain and that I was a tourist and they basically said it's about the money.
Don't they know that for every $300 they fine me that's like an hour that a nice lady is missing out on! :( They have no heart :rolleyes:

With all the barriers in place to give safety to the workers why should there be a speed reduction. To me the main thing is to keep the trafic flowing..

Dallas

Legend Member
With all the barriers in place to give safety to the workers why should there be a speed reduction. To me the main thing is to keep the trafic flowing..

I agree! I would have preferred if it had stayed at 60 or 80 the whole way, but it was the up and down that brought me undone.

T

Thatguy

and how come they enforce the reduced speed limits through roadworks.. when there is noone there working?.... I mean.. really?....

I still recall a roadwork on the kwinana freeway.. they had the usual slow down zones.. went from 100 - 80 - 60 - 40...

all I know was they had those damned signs so close together that I was braking HARD to get to 40 in time... started braking slowly before the 100 sign.. then saw the 80.. bout 10 metres later..

Dallas

Legend Member
and how come they enforce the reduced speed limits through roadworks.. when there is noone there working?.... I mean.. really?....

I still recall a roadwork on the kwinana freeway.. they had the usual slow down zones.. went from 100 - 80 - 60 - 40...

all I know was they had those damned signs so close together that I was braking HARD to get to 40 in time... started braking slowly before the 100 sign.. then saw the 80.. bout 10 metres later..

Yes exactly! Where I got done for $300, the road works had been completed, all the workers and machinery had been removed, they had a mobile speed camera set up there, it was 3am and the next day both camera and speed signs were gone.. that's not just revenue raising it's theft I think.

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
This is Allen

pipe-3-jpg.14911

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
It's a sure way to kill an erection. Especially when the cop stands a wee bit before the 100 km/h speed limit sign. From a far, you floor it seeing the sign says 100, then you saw the cop, and went oh cock.

W

wr3xr

She'll open up a beauty therapy shop in kuta in a few months.

She'll be huge popular with the aussie crowd.

God that place is a shit heap!

T

Thatguy

does the proceeds of crime laws apply given she was arrested and convicted in Bali.. and has to live there for a while?...

Lingham

Diamond Member
Not sure. I think the law may only apply if she tries to bring the money back to Australia. We'll just have to wait and see.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Not sure. I think the law may only apply if she tries to bring the money back to Australia. We'll just have to wait and see.
i'm sure if you watch the media reports , it will be said when they run out of stuff to talk about

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Honestly............can't believe they make such a fuss.........please tell me what is so special about her????????????