2016 Eurovision

HappyPirate

Old Pirate...
Legend Member
Rehearsals are underway in Stockholm, Sweden for Australia's Eurovision entrant Dami Im.

The former music teacher from Brisbane is in Sweden with her husband Noah before the Song Contest begins on Friday. "We are taking a lot of risks in this performance," she told SBS News. "If it works it's going to be amazing. If anything goes wrong it can be a disaster."

Im said the scale of the Eurovision juggernaut, with its 200 million-strong global audience, was starting to hit home. "I feel terrified that I'm doing this huge thing and so many eyes are going to be on me," she said. "On the other hand I'm like 'this is amazing, I'm so lucky to be here'. I'm fighting between the two emotions and I hope to focus on the enjoyment more rather than being terrified all the time." Im said she had long been a Eurovision fan. "When I came to Australia as someone from South Korea who just moved, who didn't speak much English and felt like I couldn't completely fit in with the other kids, watching Eurovision was like a breath of fresh air," she said. "People get this break through Eurovision from all the other heavier things that are going on in all of our lives."

Bookmakers currently have Australia ranked fifth out of the 42 nations competing in this year's context and there are whispers Im may have what it takes to be the first Australian to win the competition. "I don't know who's going to win, but I did picture, 'what if I do win and I don't know what to say?'" she said. "I might have to prepare something just in case. If it doesn't happen I'll just hide it in my pocket."

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
When did Australia become an European nation ?
Damn this globalisation

Your right,we are so damn far away from it...We should have our own called Antartica Vision, and not invite all of Europe, just let all the penguins sing.

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
since no body is interested,they r only on about silly things like 3picture stories, xtras at legit parlours ,the
price of sheep/cow dung on international money sites, door signs at the chook house..m/wave cooking ,
I'll support ya Dami I'll keep rooting for ya Go Dami

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
She came 2nd!!! Yay for Dami! yay for Aus! Yay...and we're not even part of Europe. Yay! :D

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Hope it wasn't another bloody man in a dress or woman with a beard was it ?

Have you not met Dami? Your lucky, members of the Dami Army are not present. lol...She's all woman and beardless. She's good i must give her that and she has good writers, writing the lyrical musical songs for her.